Reputation and Signing New Players

I'm Athlone Town in the Irish Premier Division in my 2nd full year and I have won every domestic cup, and currently sit atop the league after just getting promoted. I did this by cutting out deadweight, making full use of versatile players and going for the athletic types in my formation that I've made with great success. My ultimate goal is to get into the group stages in the ECC and maybe further depending how well the dynamic league reputation system is handled.

Basically I need players but no one will sign for me. There is no clear indicator except offering contracts on whether a player is interested. This is painfully slow and eats up literally hours in order to sign a marginally better player. Unfortunately this is necessary in order for my club to improve. In comparison, I have spent maybe 2 hours tweaking/creating my tactic where I completely dominate the league. This is not the part of the game I enjoy.

My question is, what is the biggest indicator on whether a player will sign for your club? I know there are several variables but there must be one that is the most important. I assume its reputation but I'm not sure how the 3 reputations of a player translates into the one club reputation.

ass man to filter out unrealistic targets, use the attribute filter after. search for free agents/unprotected, get players with good mentals in. i got to cl group stage with bohemans then got tanked by everyone bar a point with rangers, get 7mil + board wont improve anything, gg. i have a team thats far too good for the irish league in season 2 loads of money and its snore zzzz

When you scout a player the scout tells you if a player might or might not be interested. Try getting them in no trial as well as this often works for me.

On many occasions a player has not been willi to talk terms but will come no trial.

I've also found that higher reputation free players take a few months before they Kre willing to sign for a smaller club so persevere

The assman filters out a lot of targets, a couple that are realistic.

I need to setup an extensive scouting network although hiring any good scouts at this level is also time consuming. Never thought about offering a trial.

I figure in 5 years I'll have a tons of cash, strong enough players and maybe some youth to make a run at the ECC or at least Europa (got mopped up in qualifying last year). I just wished either ones assman filtered out efficiently or there was a quicker way to figure out who you have a chance of joining and who doesn't want to hear it. One reason I'm doing this is too see how the dynamic league reputation works out, hopefully its functional.

Also it seems with the introduction of agents that you can't just throw your money at a player to get him to sign. Surely if I could offer a player 4 times his wages than he'll sign for a year or two, especially when hes on the decline. When I click on a player now I have no idea why he doesn't want to sign, is it the reputation, the manager, the home country, etc.

Thanks.

Archived