The Extinction of Catalan

What about Basque? Gaelic? Welsh? Aragonese?

Look, I'm Basque, but I don't see why it makes a difference. Sure, Basque Clubs have their websites in Basque, but if you watch player interviews they speak Spanish, and during matches it's pretty obvious that they're mouthing Spanish. The truth is that these aren't included because, football-wise, they really don't matter- even though I would like to see languages like this in the game just for the sake of prudence.

I think Spanish generally covers it. It's really a non-issue. I guess if you want to be ridiculously realistic you could include it, but I'd rather have the database kept smaller by keeping trivial things like this out.

as a catalan speaker i disagree on a personal not but in all seriousness i 100% agree with you in the essence of FM. If you include this than you need to include them all, chinese for example has so many different languages that it covers etc.

as far as i am aware it is not in the game at all is what i meant. As a catalan speaker i would love it to be but sadly it is not!

Oh, but it is in the game. If you do a search by languages, you can see some fringe players listed as speaking it. (Jose Antonio Saucedo, Richi, Gabriel Guasp, Kike Lorenzo, Jonathan -- on my search.)

If you have Catalan, I want the "Granadino" Andaluz dialect. ;)

I do believe "gibberish" is featured though. Every time I speak to a player agent, their initial demands demands seem full of it. Either that or I simply don't comprehend the huge sums they're asking for. :D

Archived