Weird Stadium for Tottenham!

I'm managing Uruguayian first Division team Penarol and towards the end of the season (Season is finished just playing in the Liguilla). I get a message telling me that Tottenham have got a new stadium. Ok nothing wrong here then I read its has a capacity of 101,680, will cost £472 million and will be payed for by selling White Hart Lane, taking out a 413 million loan and a stadium sponsorship deal. Heres the thing....

-ITS TOO DAMN BIG!

-They are raising 597 million to pay for a 472 million stadium

-It has a sponsorship deal, but is still named after a weel known player

-Lastly it says they are ground sharing until its built with Tottenham (themselves) in Perryman Park (The stadium being built!)

Very Strange....

spursstadium.jpg

-They are raising 597 million to pay for a 472 million stadium

[/img]

No they arent. They are raising 413Mil and getting 59m from the sale of white hart lane - the sponsorship deal will be like arsenals - payed over X year with X per season.

Yep exactly so they will have raised (not loaned) 597 million altogether that will all be payed towards the £472 million pound stadium (not including interest as I dont know the percentage and number of years for the loan).

-They will loan 413 million

-They will get a sponsorship over so many years will go to the stadium (it says "addition funding FOR THE PROJECT" not the balance)

-The 59 million for selling White Hart Lane will go towards the stadium too not the balance ("The 472 million will be OFFSET by selling WHL)

= 597 million

£413 +£59 = £472 = cost of stadium.

there will then be repayments made every month towards the debt which will be assisted by the payement of £125 over X years.

Not sure what your issue is with that?

It says 'additional funding' - it doesnt say this is being used up in the build does it?

Thats exactly what I said LOL! So the total funding is what? yep 472 million plus 125 million sponsorship over the years. So in total its 597 million. I have never seen a club on FM raise 125 million more than needed to help pay with the debt incurred in building a new stadium. Normally you would be left with the huge 413 million loan to try and pay back.

Thats exactly what I said LOL! So the total funding is what? yep 472 million plus 125 million sponsorship over the years. So in total its 597 million. I have never seen a club on FM raise 125 million more than needed to help pay with the debt incurred in building a new stadium. Normally you would be left with the huge 413 million loan to try and pay back.

Im sorry, how did I say exactly what you just said, Im NOT agreeing with you.

Sponsorship does NOT equal a loan.

If you need 472Million to build a stadium then you need to borrow that money upfront. If you are getting £125million over 5 years, then that is exactly what it sounds like - £25million a year for 5 years.

You cant tell the builders of the stadium that you will give them £347Million now, and £125million over the next 5 years. So what you do is borrow that £125million from the bank and give it back to them over the next 5 years as the sponsorship money comes in.

So they RAISED £472million upfront to pay for the stadium, and then got additional moneys in sponsorship to help pay back the loan.

Maidel

I said the sponsorship will be used over the years to go towards the interest of the stadium (the game itself says additional towards funding for the stadium). I am aware the sponsorship is NOT a loan and will never be payed back. All I am stating is that the club are planning to raise (which means a known amount of money at a certain or over a certain period of time) money through 1. a loan 2. selling the current stadium and 3. a sponsorship of 125 million. I never said the sponsorship was a loan. Now please stop commenting on this move on to the fact Tottenham are building a 101,000 seater stadium.

Maidel

I said the sponsorship will be used over the years to go towards the interest of the stadium (the game itself says additional towards funding for the stadium). I am aware the sponsorship is NOT a loan and will never be payed back. All I am stating is that the club are planning to raise (which means a known amount of money at a certain or over a certain period of time) money through 1. a loan 2. selling the current stadium and 3. a sponsorship of 125 million. I never said the sponsorship was a loan. Now please stop commenting on this move on to the fact Tottenham are building a 101,000 seater stadium.

No - you said that the club had raised more than the stadium cost - implying that the game had made a mistake - which it hadnt. - your words - They are raising 597 million to pay for a 472 million stadium

I didnt have an issue with any of the rest of it appart from the obvious error with the ground share bit.

!!! I have been managing spurs for the last 8 seasons. I am in 2016-2017 i think, and i have been rejected at every opportunity to build a new stadium! Its like im staring at an alternate universe of some sort. ugh.

Mind you, won everything there is to be won, stadium capacity is maxed out, and we are the 4th richest club in the world. What more? :/

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that some of the sponsorship money will go towards paying off the loan.

59+413=472 (the cost of the new stadium). Now, 413 of that has to be paid back. That 125 million of sponsorship money from the new deal will go a long ways towards starting that.

So, no, they haven't raised more money than they need. They've got exactly the amount they need, and some extra cash to start paying back the loan. Sounds like good business to me.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that some of the sponsorship money will go towards paying off the loan.

59+413=472 (the cost of the new stadium). Now, 413 of that has to be paid back. That 125 million of sponsorship money from the new deal will go a long ways towards starting that.

So, no, they haven't raised more money than they need. They've got exactly the amount they need, and some extra cash to start paying back the loan. Sounds like good business to me.

Quoting myself below. I'm the one who said that the sponsorship will go towards paying the loan. If you read my posts above. I just havent seen a club have such a large sponsorship and such forward planning. They ussually leave you a massive debt to pay off.

I have never seen a club on FM raise 125 million more than needed to help pay with the debt incurred in building a new stadium. Normally you would be left with the huge 413 million loan to try and pay back.

Guys why keep going on about the sponsorship? I know they dont have to pay it back and that its a good thing. Thats what I have put above lol. Raising fund DOESNT mean loaning. They have raised 125 million via a sponsorship deal :). Has anyone else on their game had a club build a huge stadium that they probably wont get close to filling? Is it a common bug or just a one off??

Guys why keep going on about the sponsorship? I know they dont have to pay it back and that its a good thing. Thats what I have put above lol. Raising fund DOESNT mean loaning. They have raised 125 million via a sponsorship deal :). Has anyone else on their game had a club build a huge stadium that they probably wont get close to filling? Is it a common bug or just a one off??

People keep going on about the sponsorship thing because you made out that it was some sort of error, when it wasnt and you keep hammering on without admitting there isnt anything wrong about it and you were infact in error.

In response to your 4 points:

-ITS TOO DAMN BIG! - why?

-They are raising 597 million to pay for a 472 million stadium - they arent

-It has a sponsorship deal, but is still named after a weel known player - for arguements sake, how do you know hes not sponsoring it? SI cant put sponsors names into the game because its a breach of their interlectual property rights to use their name without permission, so either all sponsored stadiums would be called the 'Sports Interactive Stadium' or all the names are simply made up.

-Lastly it says they are ground sharing until its built with Tottenham (themselves) in Perryman Park (The stadium being built!) - Thats actually an error

It does seem slightly strange to build a 101,000 capacity stadium after one season anyway, that would make it bigger than any football stadium used by any club in Europe. Although I filled the Azteca in FM10 in the Mexican league once or twice.

99,354 according to wiki which is of course the fountain of all knowledge. I just couldn't see it happening in real life not so soon anyway like you said might be because of where they are based.

ha-ha all hail wiki!!

Yeah your prob right it maybe is a bit extreme, would be interesting to see if any other London based clubs build massive stadiums, anyone built one with Chelsea or West Ham? Those are the only two out with Spurs i could see building one in the next few years and who would consider a big stadium possible.

I dont think anyone will deni its a little over the top, but hell, why not. All the big clubs used to sell out 70K+ before it was all seated, so they might be able to do it again.

Spurs obviously got into their heads that 1 year in europe makes them kings of the world. :)

I have never ever seen Spurs get a new stadium after the 1st season, in one save I did the EPL/CL double 1st season and only got an expansion. There is something not right about this. The size is fine if it was 10 years down the line after an expansion and continued success (the waiting list for season tickets at the Lane is immense, we could easily sell out a 60k stadium now, let alone after a decade of sustained success, but 1st season, no.

And as legendary as Perryman is I too would be very surprised if it wasn't named after Billy Nic if anyone. Maybe God, but his managerial spell wasn't exactly a raging success.

I'd log it as a bug (the size and timing thing).

I'd log it as a bug (the size and timing thing).

Really?

Id say the fact that this has appeared in 1 of the millions of save games is just a factor of randomness in the game. If you could run the premierleague season a million times, do you not think that it would happen at least once?

Sometimes I wonder if im a bit too forgiving about weird events, I just see the odd random bizzare event and then think about real life and realise its not so odd.

Really?

Id say the fact that this has appeared in 1 of the millions of save games is just a factor of randomness in the game. If you could run the premierleague season a million times, do you not think that it would happen at least once?

Sometimes I wonder if im a bit too forgiving about weird events, I just see the odd random bizzare event and then think about real life and realise its not so odd.

I hear you, but this is extremely random and on the unrealistic side (in terms of size).

I'd be interested to know if the OP is using a default or edited DB?

You cant tell the builders of the stadium that you will give them £347Million now, and £125million over the next 5 years. So what you do is borrow that £125million from the bank and give it back to them over the next 5 years as the sponsorship money comes in.

Yes you can if that is what the construction firm agrees to.

You tell me what construction firm can afford to be owed £125 million in the current climate?

ontop of that, would they make anywhere near that kind of profit on a stadium, if not they could end up waiting years to make a profit, which included them paying for all the materials and labour in the meantime. I highly doubt that would happen.

ontop of that, would they make anywhere near that kind of profit on a stadium, if not they could end up waiting years to make a profit, which included them paying for all the materials and labour in the meantime. I highly doubt that would happen.

Exactly. They would have had to borrow money to buy the materials an pay the wages, so they would end up with the loan. It just wouldn't happen.

Exactly. They would have had to borrow money to buy the materials an pay the wages, so they would end up with the loan. It just wouldn't happen.

exactly borrowing £125m to make a profit maybe around a couple of million doesnt make buisness sense, anyway they would end up losing most of the profit in interest and would be stumped being able to start new jobs with such a huge loan our them.

Sorry - are we playing Construction Manager 2011 here?

HAHA... Well I wouldnt mind having a go at that....

But seriously, if people want to post up errors in the game or bugs, they need to get their facts straight - so my background as a suveyor (Real life, obviously in game my background is international footballer :)) means I know what im talking about in this instance.

Interesting from the spurs sitee

Following a rights issue in 1996, capital was raised to build a new upper tier on the Paxton Road Members Stand that was completed at the end of the 1997/8 season. This also incorporated the second Jumbotron screen and has increased ground capacity to approximately 36,240.

And a news article http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/mayor-backs-spurs-stadium-plan-2436100.html

450m for new stadium

Tottenham cleared what could be the final hurdle in their bid to redevelop White Hart Lane after the London Mayor gave their plans the green light.

Boris Johnson had the power to overturn last month's decision by Haringey Council to grant Spurs planning permission to build a 56,000-seater venue on the site of their current ground.

Well the fact is they should be getting a 56,000 seater stadium soonish.

So 100,000+ stadium seems really unrealistic.

UNLESS - they are taking over the stadium built for the Olympics?

In which case they may not be able to use the officially sponsored stadium name for copyright reasons?

The Olympic Stadium will have 80,000 seats.

I'm sure that will be playable and ready to move into - and perhaps Spurs are just increasing the capacity of Perrywinkle Stadium to 100,000+

Anywho - it is odd for Spurs.

Anywho - it is odd for Spurs.

I dont think anyone has actually disagreed with that. It is rather odd, but, as has been said before, with the league being run litterally millions of times, one or two of them is going to throw up something weird. I mean, in my second season West Brom came 5th! Rather odd, but I didnt throw a paddy about it because things like that will happen with random chance across all the games being played.

I'd throw the game in the bin if West Brom finished 5th. :D

They were second at christmas and the board were threatening to sack me because I was 5th.

They didnt win a game from Christmas till March abd I went unbeaten to win the league. :)

You tell me what construction firm can afford to be owed £125 million in the current climate?

I never said that they would do it. I said it is possible it can work that way, which you stated it is not.

Little words can make a big difference.

I never said that they would do it. I said it is possible it can work that way, which you stated it is not.

Little words can make a big difference.

Thats a bit ridiculous dont you think.

I can equally say that I will earn a Million pounds this year IF my boss gives me a raise.

There is utterly no point in making the statement unless you think its going to happen, otherwise you are simply being argumentative for the sake of it.

No construction firm would take X payment upfront and Y over the next few years - UNLESS Y also included a hefty amouth of interrest with which to pay off the loan that the contruction firm would have to take out to cover the short fall. As that would never happen, there is utterly no point in saying well it might happen IF....

• 3 months later...

Archived