4-2-2-2 Formation

Hello again,

I just started a new game of Football Manager 2011 Handheld with Werder Bremen.

The formation this team plays lately in "real life" is not among the preselectable formations.

It's a 4-2-2-2 formation with 4 defenders, 2 Central Defensive Midfielders, 2 Central Attacking Midfielders and 2 strikers. It's a very center focussed formation, which requires offensive Backs. As you can see there are no Midfielders.

---------Striker---Striker--------

--------- AMC------AMC----------

--------------------------------------

----------DMC------DMC----------

-LB-------CD--------CD--------RB

Is it possible to add this formation in the next update as I am sure there are other teams that would like to play this formation as well.

• SI Staff

A the moment there will be two new formations in the January FMHi update:

4-2-3-1

DL, DC, DC, DR

DMC, DMC

AML, AMC, RMC

FC

4-3-2-1

DL, DC, DC, DR

MC, MC, MC

AMC, AMC

FC

These have appeared to be the most requested by people on the various forums I've visited while supporting the game.

If anyone has further suggestions for additional formations then please by all means suggest them HOWEVER do bear in mind that they will likely have to wait for a later update than the first one (adding a formation is not a trivial matter as I have to make sure the AI understands how to utilise it properly, ensure that the match engine works sensibly with it etc. - all of this takes a fair while to do and balance).

Archived