Is the Boardroom broken?

Just wondering as it acts quite bizarre at times.

*** I have just reached the end of the season and have seen a new coch I want to bring in but I am at my limit. So I approach board and after discussion they agree to increase my coach limit. The coach agrees to come and yet the board say they feel I don't need another coach!!!

***No matter how many times I ask for a feeder Club to push our profile elsewhere they will look into it but never come back with an option, so bang goes my chance of making any possible merchandising cash.

***Despite saying at start of game I can mutually terminate my staffs contracts they won't terminate my Assistants because it will cost them too much in compensation. Can you really imagine this IRL? A new Manager being forced to keep on an Assistant he doesn't want? Wouldn't happen.

***Ask the board to help you with the funds for a player? Never seen them help so far!!!!

FM 2011 is unplayable, get over it

This is your opinion but as far as I am concerned it is fine. I have not had any problems with the so called CCC problems, injuries, yellow & red cards (except first season - now in third season) or any other so called unplayable bugs - the vast majority of people are playing the game with very few issues.

Coaches - not experienced this problem

Feeder Clubs - my board has found two financial links and found them with a week and as soon as I recommended them they were linked straight away

Termination of contracts - only one staff member of mine has been refused but he had only just joined the club so you can understand the financial impact on a club. Not an issue as far as I am concerned.

Not had to ask board for more money so cannot comment on this.

Are you fully patched up?

*** I have just reached the end of the season and have seen a new coch I want to bring in but I am at my limit. So I approach board and after discussion they agree to increase my coach limit. The coach agrees to come and yet the board say they feel I don't need another coach!!!

Quite a few reasons for this. If you asked for another coach, but you already had more goal keeping coaches/youth coaches/fitness coaches than you were allowed, then the board will simply put these into the spare coaching slots.

***No matter how many times I ask for a feeder Club to push our profile elsewhere they will look into it but never come back with an option, so bang goes my chance of making any possible merchandising cash.

You dont say who you are playing - perhaps you are too low a ranked club to find someone suitable.

***Despite saying at start of game I can mutually terminate my staffs contracts they won't terminate my Assistants because it will cost them too much in compensation. Can you really imagine this IRL? A new Manager being forced to keep on an Assistant he doesn't want? Wouldn't happen.

Really? Kevin Keegan was forced to accept Denis wise. Sure he wasnt the assistant coach, but its a similar situation.

***Ask the board to help you with the funds for a player? Never seen them help so far!!!!

Well its not like its a garantee!

Quite a few reasons for this. If you asked for another coach, but you already had more goal keeping coaches/youth coaches/fitness coaches than you were allowed, then the board will simply put these into the spare coaching slots.

It happens with all sorts of clubs, rich or poor, even if it's already peaked and has been that for a long while.... Otherwise you would loose spots in case of letting someone go, something is wrong as far as I can tell.

You dont say who you are playing - perhaps you are too low a ranked club to find someone suitable.

Been that way for me in both ATM, and City. 12 seasons, not a single feeder club picked, tried both asking to do it myself and let them do it....didn't help.

It happens with all sorts of clubs, rich or poor, even if it's already peaked and has been that for a long while.... Otherwise you would loose spots in case of letting someone go, something is wrong as far as I can tell.

I dont understand :s

Been that way for me in both ATM, and City. 12 seasons, not a single feeder club picked, tried both asking to do it myself and let them do it....didn't help.

Odd - as arsenal ive had no problems at all.

When Peter Reid took over Plymouth he wasn't given a choice on assistant manager. He got told in no uncertain terms that the assistant manager was staying on. The board announced just before Reid as appointed that anyone coming in would have to accept Mariner as assistant.

hehe

Well, if you got 33 spots for coaches and what not, then if you fire one, you would have 32 right...so you hire a new one, ending up on 33....then ask for one more, which never get appointed.

Im still utterly lost. Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me?

disagreeing I suppose....

Unless the board changes it's mind regarding how many spots you are allowed, there should be no reason not to add an extra spot when they agree..

What you said to begin with makes sense, thats not what I disagree with....the case is though, they did not nerf any spots over time... so there would be no reason not to add the extra spot for another coach.

disagreeing I suppose....

Unless the board changes it's mind regarding how many spots you are allowed, there should be no reason not to add an extra spot when they agree..

What you said to begin with makes sense, thats not what I disagree with....the case is though, they did not nerf any spots over time... so there would be no reason not to add the extra spot for another coach.

Ah right, well I have an answer to that.

Some clubs start with more coaches than slots, so the board sort of expects you over time to release or not renew some contracts to bring the backroom staff into line with what they expect.

When you ask the board for another coach, they dont know if you mean ANOTHER coach, or merely asking them to allow you to keep the additional coaches you already have.

So the minimum cap increases, unless I'm the one who is lost now. :p

Ok - ill give an exact example

My arsenal team has the following slots:

Current/ Allowed

Assistant manager 1/1

Coach 3/5

Goalkeeping Coach 3/2

Fitness Coach 3/2

First Team Coach 5/6

Youth Coach 6/4

So total allowed coaches 20

Total actual coaches 21

I asked for more coaches and they aggreed increasing my number of allowed coaches from 4 to 5. I still cant sign another coach as I already have too many.

It's on equal numbers it happens, so gotta be a bug.

Never had this issue before.

having 33 overall, with 33 allowed, should give you a 34th. I always check the allowed numbers and current before signing.

Are you including the assistant manager?

Hm good question, if you take a random coach and offer a contract, it will say how many the board allows and the current, thats what I'm referring to.

Never bothered to actually count, however I have used this in previous versions flawlessly.

Hm good question, if you take a random coach and offer a contract, it will say how many the board allows and the current, thats what I'm referring to.

Never bothered to actually count, however I have used this in previous versions flawlessly.

Mine includes the assistant manager when working it out.

Ive also experienced this problem. Im Cherno more in Bulgaria. First season I had 6 coaches. End of the year I ask to expand and they agree moving me up to 10. 5 years pass and Ive won the league 2 times in a row and I ask to expand the coaching staff again as I have two retiring players I want to hire on as coaches. The boardroom agrees but the number of allowed coaches never goes up. I have tried for 1 year now asking every available time and getting an agreement from the board, but the numbers never increase.

And it took me 3 years to get my first feeder club, and 3 more to get my second feeder club.

Difficulties with finding feeder clubs are a massive issue for me. I usually manage in lowest leagues and affiliations with foreigh teams are priceless, because I gain scouting knowledge. I've completed about 20 seasons in FM11 and I probably managed to get about 5 feeder clubs. In FM10 I had a new feeder club every 6 months. I was hoping 11.2 will fix this but no joy. It does however seem that now it's slightly easier to get a parent team.

There's an issue with some board requests, eg. asking to expand the stadium - they reject - two days later they announce an expansion.

Sometimes my board requests are granted. Sometimes they are not.

Depends on the Board. I've had varied success with them on issues.

Like Buying the Stadium, I said I wanted to create a feel good atmosphere and they agreed.

But then directly after that they decided to Build a New Stadium, so now the progress bars say "Building New Stadium" and "Buying Stadium".

I'm going to have 2 stadiums apparently?

You can only terminate for free when you first come to the club as it allows you to bring your guys in straight away, but it needs to be one of the first things you do otherwise they stay on and then their contract termination is just like anyone elses.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the option to bring the backroom staff with you?

So if you leave a club for a new club you automatically offer a job to your backroom staff, then when you are hired your backroom staff follow, and the other staff terminated

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the option to bring the backroom staff with you?

So if you leave a club for a new club you automatically offer a job to your backroom staff, then when you are hired your backroom staff follow, and the other staff terminated

I like that idea.

EDIT: Could be a part of negotiations with the board as a contract clause.

Its one of those things that sounds like a good idea and then gets horribly complicated.

Who pays compensation to who?

Are they mutually ending their contracts?

Who moves, you and your assistant or the entire coaching and scouting team?

Would you only be able to bring people with you who you employed?

Might your assistant not actually WANT to leave?

It would be a good idea, it happens a fair amount in real life - I just think there would need to be some rules.

I'm a fan of tick boxes.

List the staff with tick boxes beside them

Click "offer to come with to new club"

News bulletin:

He joins, he stays, he joins, he joins, he joins, he stays etc.

Your new club pays the old club compensation.

I'm a fan of tick boxes.

List the staff with tick boxes beside them

Click "offer to come with to new club"

News bulletin:

He joins, he stays, he joins, he joins, he joins, he stays etc.

Your new club pays the old club compensation.

Dear god, with some of my staff - there goes the next 4 years transfer budgets!

yeah i quite like that idea with the tick boxes, i usually take my staff who leave a club after me to my new one, this would be an easier way of going about it.

Although how would the comp thing work, if a new manager has the offer of terminating a contract for a small amount of money when he takes over, would the club still want the full comp if you asked him to join you or would you get him for a reduced fee?

Well what seems to happen in real life (I say seems because these things are always reported by journalists who werent actually there) is that the manager who wants to move tells his new club he wants to bring with him his best three mates (assistant manager, head coach, head scout) and that he would like those peoples contracts added to his when discussing compensation with his old club.

So basically it would probably cost 15million to buy out those 4 contracts (including the managers) if you did that to me at arsenal - however in the negotiation the club would probably settle for 6-7million and not have the hassel of having to get rid of those staff when the new manager wants to bring his mates with him.

Hope that makes sense.

would that not add to complications in the game tho? it would then become a negotiation between the two clubs for staff and, as you the manager do all the negotiating for staff or players, would you then have to start one with your old club? Also would you just limit it to ass man and 1 coach, or where would the line be drawn?

Forget the bureaucracy- just have the option to bring them and the game makes it happen.

Also when being hired you get the option to terminate some staff members.

This could make getting hired a bit better - kinda like an interview.

Plus as soon as you are hired you have the staff you wanted gone gone, and the staff you want there there.

So there is no tinkering with staff and hiring of staff over the next few days.

Well I thought of it off the cuff. So I don't really have all the answers and the guys at SI are pretty smart to work out the details so we can point out what they did wrong and then they can release a patch.

I've had this idea for contract negotiations for a long time.

Renew players contracts - throw down some tick boxes and offer a contract.

Well I thought of it off the cuff. So I don't really have all the answers and the guys at SI are pretty smart to work out the details so we can point out what they did wrong and then they can release a patch.

I've had this idea for contract negotiations for a long time.

Renew players contracts - throw down some tick boxes and offer a contract.

hahahahaha that made me laugh :)

Archived