Players hate me for appealing a red card?

Can someone explain this to me? One of my players got sent off. It was harsh and my assistant said I could appeal the decision. (It wasn't violent conduct). So I appealed it. Press continue and.... Boom! 3 players become unhappy and say I am not strict enough? What the heck ? :mad:

Now one of them is leaving on a free and won't even talk to me... Just because I appealed a red card :rolleyes:

Can someone explain this to me? One of my players got sent off. It was harsh and my assistant said I could appeal the decision. (It wasn't violent conduct). So I appealed it. Press continue and.... Boom! 3 players become unhappy and say I am not strict enough? What the heck ? :mad:

Now one of them is leaving on a free and won't even talk to me... Just because I appealed a red card :rolleyes:

Well you can't be forgiving to one & harsh to other... every1 complains of favoritism...

You didn't fine the player for getting a red card.

The lesson is: NEVER LISTEN TO YOUR ASSISTANT.

If you think the referee was wrong, then just give the player a warning. Otherwise, fine 1 week wage for every straight red card. That should keep other players happy.

More botched player interaction.

Only players with the worst attitudes should react like this. Most players will not care. Some may show concern you're being soft - but that's it. Prolonged appeals, however, may upset players in the long-run - but not the short-run.

You didn't fine the player for getting a red card.

The lesson is: NEVER LISTEN TO YOUR ASSISTANT.

If you think the referee was wrong, then just give the player a warning. Otherwise, fine 1 week wage for every straight red card. That should keep other players happy.

Hehe, this reminds me. On a different save, when I fined a player for a red card the same thing happened! He became unhappy and wouldn't even talk to me! This was on 11.1, though, so it may be different on the current patch (I am using the current patch for the situation in the OP)

I usually give them a warning for violent conduct, but this red card was harsh and I thought I'd appeal. Bad decision apparently.

More botched player interaction.

Only players with the worst attitudes should react like this. Most players will not care. Some may show concern you're being soft - but that's it. Prolonged appeals, however, may upset players in the long-run - but not the short-run.

The player in question is Rio Ferdinand. Somehow I don't think he'd get this upset for appealing a red card :rolleyes:

could be that u appealed a red card that altho ur assistant says was not a red, it was, and ur players are upset that his ban may get extended if the appeal fails. or that u never punished an obvious red.

never listen to your ass man x)

Archived