Today I learnt...watching more than one player

I always like to make use of the option to click a player during a match (like a new signing) and have his name perm showing so I can track them.

Today I learnt that if I hold down CTRL I can click more than one player....very useful for tracking ummm...more than one player.

Also, do you find that every now and again you get a long list of news items of players being removed from your shortlist after a year? Try adding a new shortlist (I call mine 'Move')....and every now and then highlighting all your shortlist and move them to this shortlist 'indefinately'. Now go to the 'Move' shortlist, highlight all and move them back to Default 'indefinately'. Now they will stay there.....but dont forget to change your shortlist back to 'default' otherwise all new scout reports will go into the 'Move' one.

If Im at a lower league side I like to track newly released youth players. The easiest way to do this is to wait for the news item (about 30th May) saying that clubs are releasing thir youth players. GO to the premier league and choose Arsenal (they always seem to come first alphabetically), then Transfers, History and drop down the View and select Youth. This willl list all the players Arsenal just released. Right click and scout each of them.....then click the arrow on the right of the Arsenal logo. This should take you to Aston Villa (or next alphabetically). Repeat, rinse and return. I normall y can pick up 3-4 young players for free this way

Its a good idea to 'refresh' your shortlist at the end of a season...especially if youve just got promoted or relegated. To do this, I divide the size of my shortlist by the number of scouts I have (ie 120 on shortlist, 10 scouts). Then I select the first number of players (in this case 10) using 'Shift-Click) and get scout reports from my first scout. The I 'Shift-Click' the next ten and get reports from my next scout. Repeat this until you are scouting your whole shortlist. With an average of 3-4 reports a day, this is a hell of a lot quicker than just getting one scout to do all 120. Once complete, remove all 2 and half stars and below....you really dont want these players...really.

If Im at a lower league side I like to track newly released youth players. The easiest way to do this is to wait for the news item (about 30th May) saying that clubs are releasing thir youth players. GO to the premier league and choose Arsenal (they always seem to come first alphabetically), then Transfers, History and drop down the View and select Youth. This willl list all the players Arsenal just released. Right click and scout each of them.....then click the arrow on the right of the Arsenal logo. This should take you to Aston Villa (or next alphabetically). Repeat, rinse and return. I normall y can pick up 3-4 young players for free this way

Well I was telling that about in match tracking; i generally wanted to know how my youth system product works during the match; as i can't track him in my midfield based play where every player looks same...

Its a good idea to 'refresh' your shortlist at the end of a season...especially if youve just got promoted or relegated. To do this, I divide the size of my shortlist by the number of scouts I have (ie 120 on shortlist, 10 scouts). Then I select the first number of players (in this case 10) using 'Shift-Click) and get scout reports from my first scout. The I 'Shift-Click' the next ten and get reports from my next scout. Repeat this until you are scouting your whole shortlist. With an average of 3-4 reports a day, this is a hell of a lot quicker than just getting one scout to do all 120. Once complete, remove all 2 and half stars and below....you really dont want these players...really.

Freaky. This is exactly exactly what I do, about 2-3 times per season.

Archived