Iphone version does not load up

• SI Staff

Can you try deleting the application and reinstalling it from iTunes please sometimes a corrupt installation might act in this manner.

(if this doesn't help can you please indicate the iOS version you're using and what device you're running it on)

It could be that the download from the AppStore itself has corrupted in some way. Try deleting the app completely from your iTunes App Library, then download it afresh from the AppStore (you'll need to find the app, click [buy] then confirm that you want to buy it, but it will then say "You already own this app so can download it for free" or something along those lines - so you're not paying twice don't worry :)).

Delete it from your iPhone again then re-sync. Hopefully this helps, if not then it will at least rule out a problem with the app file itself and we can explore further.

• SI Staff
I just did the above Stu and still no success. :(

its the only app i have ever had an issue with and the one i want to use.

I also deleted a load on music off have about 6GB free space so don't think it's a memory issue.

The most common memory issue isn't with storage but with the RAM (memory used while playing).

To ensure your RAM is clear please hold down the on/off button for a couple of seconds, a screen indicating 'swipe to power off' should appear - swipe and your device will fully power down.

This is the ONLY way to clear the devices memory fully - reboot it not and see if the game works afterwards please.

PS - Only other thing I can think which might help is disabling location services before starting the game?

• SI Staff
Still no joy.

I am going to do a complete Factory restore and before I put the back up on will put the app on first in case it's a problem with my back up file.

Ok thank you for your patience with this - please let us know how you get on.

• SI Staff

Ok glad you're at least up and running now and I hope you get the problem with your backup file sorted out.

PS - Can you let me know if the game continues working after you apply the backup (and if not any solution which apple come up with for the issue); reason being simply that if someone else has this problem in the future we can then help them out more efficiently.

• 4 months later...
  • SI Staff
I am having the same problem and would really appreciate some help please

The last chap found restoring his device to factory settings (and not installing his 'backup' of his device) fixed his issue - this implies there was slight corruption within the backup he'd done most likely.

Other potential fixes include:

1. Fully rebooting your device (hold down the on/off button for 2-3 seconds until 'swipe to power off' appears and then swipe, wait for the device to power down fully and restart it). This is the most common way to fix issues.

2. Delete the application from both your device and iTunes and redownload and install it (this fixes things if it was an issue with a corrupt download).

If none of the above seem to help them please let me know the device you're using (ie. 2nd generation iTouch or whatever) and the iOS version installed - then I'll try and work out whats happening for you.

I have never had an issue with any other app in regards to my back up and I've been through hundreds of apps. When you say install it again do you mean via iTunes and not directly from the app store on my iPhone? Thank you very much for your help as I've paid for the app and have never been able to use it.

• SI Staff
I have never had an issue with any other app in regards to my back up and I've been through hundreds of apps.

The problems with backup corruptions is that they generally only hit a few files - it could be that the file in question is a critical one used by FMHi and no other appplication (ie. perhaps the FMHi application itself).

When you say install it again do you mean via iTunes and not directly from the app store on my iPhone? Thank you very much for your help as I've paid for the app and have never been able to use it.

If you installed it directly onto your phone from the AppStore then just delete it from the phone and try downloading it again - the only reason I stressed deleting it from iTunes is that many people download there and then sync to their phones (and obviously if you don't re-download it from Apples servers then you don't get a new copy of the product).

• SI Staff
I have done that a few times but still no luck! =( I can't not use my back up as it has everything I need on it. I'm using an iPhone 4 version 4.3.1

Even if you can't just 'stick' with not using your backup can you please restore to a default phone and then install the game onto it and see if it works.

That will at least let us know if the issue is with your device hardware or the software you're loading onto it.

Archived