Applying for lower Rep Jobs

I left my Liverpool Team at the end of the season and contract, after winning the league every season, and most other competitions in my 6 year reign. I'm also England Boss. Yet I just applied for Norwich, who are 17th in the Prem, and they picked someone else. There was no compensation to deal with, I'm clearly a better option than Mista, their former Assistant Manager. Does that fact that I'm England boss count against me, or is that they thought they had no chance of me actually joining them? Which I'd understand if I hadn't applied for the job directly.

I think that there are still numerous issues with the game and the 'manager reputation' part of it and how the game interprets it.

Might have caused this problem for you, best apply for a few jobs and see whether there are consistent declines for your services.

When I managed Modena on FM11, I won Serie B, but before I could start Serie A I got offered the Juventus (2nd in A) job. I turned it down to concentrate on Modena, but after keeping them up I resigned after another season. After this, despite being a Serie A manager, I couldn't get any jobs anywhere- even though AC Milan were apparently very interested. The next job I could get was... Wintherthur in the Swiss Challenge League. Since then I've gone to Southampton and now Sheff Wed (both in League 1) within a matter of 2 years. Despite also being Nigeria manager, I can't get a decent job anywhere. You could maybe go abroad?

I think that there are still numerous issues with the game and the 'manager reputation' part of it and how the game interprets it.

Might have caused this problem for you, best apply for a few jobs and see whether there are consistent declines for your services.

I'll try that. I've been named as front runner for quite a few, but never been offered the job. Will apply for every available job and see what happens!

You can go on holiday and choose to accept a job at a high rep club. Might be a fun way, you go on holiday and come back to a random club???

Nah, I like to pick my club. I got offered the Sampdoria job, was gonna take it but then the Inter Job became available. Applied for it, but haven't heard back for several months, yet the position is still open.

Archived