Does anyone know which Tutoring option doesn't affect Determination

I've got a 16 year old lad who has 18 determination which is joint highest count of any striker in my team.

But I still want to Tutor him to get him to learn some PPMs, alter his other hidden stats, and generally accelerate his growth. I can't send him on loan cos he is too young.

Do any of the options leave determination untouched?

They are unobservable so theres not much I can do about that.

And who is a suitable tutor for a player with 20 determination already?

Have you read the threads on personality in the tactics forum?

Your coach/scout reports give lots of information on personality & hidden attributes while more can be found on a players personal page and even how he fits into your squads personality.

As for a tutor it would depend on their other hidden attributes but if I was improving things like professionalism, pressure etc I would take someone with 17/18 determination.

So, what is the difference between each of the tutoring options?

Does anyone out there know because I have always wondered, but have never been able to find out.

I read it somewhere on this forum by SI personnel that the options doesn't affect the outcome at all, but just how the tutor is going to take your request. A wrong option might end up making the tutor rejecting your request.

I read it somewhere on this forum by SI personnel that the options doesn't affect the outcome at all, but just how the tutor is going to take your request. A wrong option might end up making the tutor rejecting your request.

I think that was in FM10 they stated that.

I am currently testing the various options. But in my limited tests so far, I have seen no different reactions from the Tutors, no matter which option I choose. They always just say: "Sure, i like to do that". The Youngsters react differently, but not always in the same way. Once I tried one option with the tutor, and the youngster needed to be persuaded. Then I reloaded and tried the exact same again, and this time the youngster accepted immediately.

Edit: aaahh crappp ... I should have never gotten FM11 as a digital download. None of the scouting programs work on this version, so can't see the stat effects of the tutoring :(

Edit again: Found a new version of Genie Scout that works :D ... so can make some tests today about the result of the various options.

What I did was create 4 tutors with 15 in all tutoring stats, and the same age, CA/PA, Squad status and Reputation, as well as the same 3 PPMs. Then I created 4 youngsters that are completely identical in tutoring stats (all 9s), CA/PS, Rep., and age.

I can then see what the differences are in each of the options (if any) on the end result

I've got a 16 year old lad who has 18 determination which is joint highest count of any striker in my team.

But I still want to Tutor him to get him to learn some PPMs, alter his other hidden stats, and generally accelerate his growth. I can't send him on loan cos he is too young.

Do any of the options leave determination untouched?

Still testing the various options ... and as it stands now, none of them don't affect Determination. So you will have to find a tutor with same or better Determination if you want to be sure it doesn't drop.

Well after a few tests, it seems some things certainly have changed in FM11:

- The first selected option in the private chat with the Tutor have NO effect on the tutor's attitude. He always accepts with the same phrase.

- The response of the Youngster seems to be pretty random. Sometimes he accepts right away, other times (under the exact same conditions) he refuses.

- The persuasion options if the youngster refuses at first are also a bit random. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. More tests needed.

- The result news item after tutoring is ended is also different now. Benefited and Appreciate, no longer means that PPMs are transferred

- "Look up to' option (3rd.) seems to not transfer PPMs. More testing needed.

- 'Appreciate' and 'Benefited' results make Tutor one of the Youngster favored personnel.

Not a big input, but maybe it would be useful to sum up players interactions Q/A

Manager

As a senior member of the squad, I'd like you to tutor <insert youngster name> as I feel

he can benefit from your experience.

I'd like you to start

tutoring <insert youngster name> as I think he can learn a lot from you

<insert youngster name> needs a bit of help inhis

development and I'd like you to tutor him as he looks up to you

as a player and as a person.

Can you help tutor <insert youngster name> as his development

has stalled a little and I feel you could really help kick-start his career.

Tutor

Positive

I'd like to do that, sure.

Negative

I can't see it being beneficial.

I don't want to work with <insert youngster name>.

I don't like <insert youngster name> and can't see it working.

There are far better uses of my time than tutoring another player.

I can't see it having the effect you think it will.

If negative, manager persuasion

I really do think it'll be beneficial, why not give it a try?

I hope that you will be man enough to put any personal grievances aside.

This is a great use of your time and benefits

everybody involved.

I think it'll have a positive effect, have faith in my

plan.

That's it for now, if it is of some interest I can try to figure out following possible interaction when youngster comes in and conversation is carried on.

Thanks for the input mate. :)

By the way, can anyone show me the way to the other tutoring threads around here, since searching for "tutoring" brings up half this forum's threads ?

I have two threads so far ...

FM10: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/213536-Tutoring-results-test

FM11: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/249474-Tutoring-FM11-new-tests

Tutoring is still **** despite appearing as a new feature in the game. Some change of words but the whole process of tutoring is still random. I hate it to adopt a hope for the best approach when setting up a tutelage. No answers given why the set-up fails, no warnings given to prevent a fallout or the ability to speak to the involved players regarding conciliation. Why must the determination of the tutee follow the teacher? A regen with 20 determination but bad personality gives very little option to either reduce his determination or see him not developed properly. Why can't we ask the tutee to learn only a single aspect of the hidden mental attributes? Like ask him to reduce his controversy but looking at how the senior members of the team behave? I will love to have the option of viewing the hidden mental attributes in the game, a player at your club for a certain period of time will have his personality known through the club knowledge, so why can't we see them? For an aspect so critical to the game, I can't believe this component is still left primitive for so many editions of the game.

Until further change, back to "save and reload" every time I do a tutoring.

Archived