Babies named after you.

If you are a phenomenally successful manager, do you think that in 16 years time there should be some young players from your area coming into the game with your name in tribute to your success, with you as a favoured person?

Also, if you are a dominant club shouldn't there be more players coming into the game with your club as favourites? i.e players who grew up liking with liverpool in the '80's or milan, man utd later etc or who idolised a particular player etc.

I don't have FM11 yet, but if you resign are you still removed from a clubs icon list?

I'm assuming the first suggestion is a joke, but the next one is actually quite a good one. Look at Lukaku now- I'm fairly sure he has Chelsea and Drogba favoured (in-game). He makes no secret of this preference in real life, leading many to speculate that Chelsea will probably be his new club in a season or two, but FM doesn't really mimic this in any way.

@underwatersunlight

To the best of my knowledge, whether or not your surname is in the database is irrelevant, in fact having one that's not in the database makes a son easier to spot!

i think it has been confirmed that your children can be included in the game, although i believe your surname needs to already be in the database

@underwatersunlight

To the best of my knowledge, whether or not your surname is in the database is irrelevant, in fact having one that's not in the database makes a son easier to spot!

Either way, it would still be interesting to see if I get a son. I've never had one yet, but my surname has not featured in the database (to the best of my knowledge) for about four releases now.

For me, it would indeed be easier to spot.

Either way, it would still be interesting to see if I get a son. I've never had one yet, but my surname has not featured in the database (to the best of my knowledge) for about four releases now.

For me, it would indeed be easier to spot.

Is your surname Xxx by any chance??

I've never had a son in game either, would be nice to get one. How many seasons do people reckon is the minimum? I'm only through 7 so far.

I've never had a son in game either, would be nice to get one. How many seasons do people reckon is the minimum? I'm only through 7 so far.

I don't think it really matters. It's just a probability of having a son. It can be in the 1st year or the 40th year, when you're 25 years old or when you're 100...

I'm one of the lucky ones to have a son before in FM. :)

I don't think it really matters. It's just a probability of having a son. It can be in the 1st year or the 40th year, when you're 25 years old or when you're 100...

I'm one of the lucky ones to have a son before in FM. :)

Seems odd that you can have a 15/16 year old son when you are 25...

Seems odd that you can have a 15/16 year old son when you are 25...

I have no idea whether age does play a factor...but I'm just saying that 25 years old is like the minimum age to be a manager in the game. And in some cultures they marry real early soooo.... :p

Actually no, but my real surname which I use in-game, just isn't at all common.

When I lived back in England, wherever I lived and was in the phone book, I was either the only one with my surname, or any others were relatives :)

I was serious about people being named after you (not your son), i'm sure there were quite a few babies named Diego for example in Naples or Argentina in the mid 80's in honour on the great man. If you are an icon, this could well happen imo. It's a frivolous thing, but it could be quite fun imo.

I was serious about people being named after you (not your son), i'm sure there were quite a few babies named Diego for example in Naples or Argentina in the mid 80's in honour on the great man. If you are an icon, this could well happen imo. It's a frivolous thing, but it could be quite fun imo.

I presume Diego is a common name as it is in Latin countries anyway.

I mean, it's no big whoop if there are future babies named Alex or Jose, even if it is named after Fergie or Mourinho.

My manager name is either Mr Acidburn or Hollywood Hulk Hogan, can't see many people with the surname Acidburn or Hulk Hogan should be easy to spot but the chances of getting one are so slim it probably won't happen ever.

Think i had my son in FM10 when i was on roughly my 12th season - thankfully i have a pretty uncommon surname so is easier for me to pick him out

Archived