Bloody pathetic injuries...AGAIN!

I know there are already numerous threads about this else where and I don't care, this is yet another one because it really is getting right up my **** now and totally ruining my save.....

Next match - Me v Northwich, top of the table 'crunch' match (in more ways than one it would appear).

I'm already struggling to field a side strong enough to put up a fight against Northwich because of multiple injuries across my squad, I spend 20 minutes going over my tactics and player instructions to make sure we've got everything covered as best we can......

Less than 3 minutes in to the match 'Smack', down goes my centre back under a challenge from their striker, guess what? Condition straight down to 45% and he has to come off. I haven't got a single fit centre back in the squad now apart from the one remaining one on the field because I've already got one injured for the next 6 weeks anyway. I have to replace him with a left back off the bench and the match continues........ but only for 6 and a half minutes because then 'Smack', down goes my striker and leading scorer, that's the 4th time he's been clobbered in 8 games! So I kick **** out of the dog and then bring on another sub and sit here thinking 'pathetic game', we've got no chance now..... Well I was right but for the wrong reasons, 2 minutes to go til half time and still 0-0 not looking too bad..... 'SMACK' down goes my left back with condition of 41%, at this point I thought 'sod you FM 11 and hit the 'quit' button. I thought this was far too ridiculous and decided to restart my save. In the first 'replay' of the same match the whole bloody thing happened again! 2 players carried off again in the first 25 minutes ( 2 different players than any of those hit in the first game but still bloody stupid). Yet again I thought sod you FM 11, I'm restarting the match again....... I did and yet again 2 players clobbered with in the first half hour! To my mind this is just really stupid and this amount of serious injuries is totally over the top and spoiling the game as far as I'm concerned and NO, it is not my tactics or my training or my instructions..... I'm doing everything I can think of to avoid these pathetic fouls and injuries but they still keep happening on a regular basis. SI need to either address the amount of fouls/injuries or tone down the aggression in some teams because this is very frustrating to say the least.

There is no injury issue, how many times does it have to be said.

Its not SI's or anyone elses fault that you refuse to deal with or accept when things go badly for you.

You subbed three players in that match before halftime, did they have red crosses? green crosses? any crosses? against their name.

Did you wait to see if they recovered?

There is no injury issue, how many times does it have to be said.

Its not SI's or anyone elses fault that you refuse to deal with or accept when things go badly for you.

You subbed three players in that match before halftime, did they have red crosses? green crosses? any crosses? against their name.

Did you wait to see if they recovered?

No they didn't get any crosses what so ever, the screen just went straight from the match to the tactics screen, like it always does when you have no choice but to sub players.

injury crisises happen. i'm trudging through one myself at the mo and it's damn frustrating. we're barely holding onto the top stop in League 2 with a threadbare first 11 and 3 sub's!

try reviewing your player's training workloads, match prep levels and all that. maybe even tactics. i know you said you've already had a fiddle but what's your tempo like? if its Northwich and you at the top then i'm guessing you're in a league where fitness could be an issue due to training facilities, lack of coaches, player attributes and what not. high tempo and other such things can cause problems for some players.

out of interest, do the players going out injured always suffer from similar injuries at similar times? maybe they've got poor hidden attributes or bad natural fitness or something?

hope the injury room clear up for you soon anyway!

No they didn't get any crosses what so ever, the screen just went straight from the match to the tactics screen, like it always does when you have no choice but to sub players.

So that implies they were red crosses but you still didn't wait to see if they were injured after the match.

Last year SI were asking people to upload any saves where there were 5 or more crossed injuries in a match. Three red crosses before halftime I would definitely say was unlucky and I also would be annoyed but you need to accept these things happen and as long as its not all the time its not an issue.

If it is happening to you a lot then its something you are doing different to the majority as other people aren't experiencing any issues. Even just looking on the forums there are very few threads mentioning injuries this year despite the ratio being increased.

Training level is - light part-time and I only up it to medium for two days max when we haven't got a mid week game

Match prep is - Medium

Lowest player condition at kick off was 96%

Balanced - Standard

Short passing - Slow tempo

Default for tackling, closing down and marking

I'd say that on average I keep getting key players injured every other game, if I ever make it to three games without an injury I consider it a miracle!

Training level is - light part-time and I only up it to medium for two days max when we haven't got a mid week game

Match prep is - Medium

Lowest player condition at kick off was 96%

Balanced - Standard

Short passing - Slow tempo

Default for tackling, closing down and marking

I'd say that on average I keep getting key players injured every other game, if I ever make it to three games without an injury I consider it a miracle!

Ok I can see potential issues with some of that.

Personally I don't like light training, too little is as bad as too much as the players aren't ready for the vigours of a full match.

Slow tempo - playing in the lower leagues a players skill level is lower and this includes things like tackling, decisions etc. Asking your players to keep the ball more is asking for trouble as its more likely the opposition will come in with a reckless challenge.

Ok I can see potential issues with some of that.

Personally I don't like light training, too little is as bad as too much as the players aren't ready for the vigours of a full match.

Slow tempo - playing in the lower leagues a players skill level is lower and this includes things like tackling, decisions etc. Asking your players to keep the ball more is asking for trouble as its more likely the opposition will come in with a reckless challenge.

I'm not sure I'd agree with you on this mate, I tried training them on medium for a few weeks at the start of the season and I was getting complaints off virtually every player that the work load was too high, since I toned it down to light I've had no complaints and everyones attributes have improved. When I go to 'squad' view every player is shown as no less than 'match fit' unless we have a mid-week game in which case I sometimes have to make two or three changes and as for my tactics, they've got us up to third in the league after 24 games and only the first season after promotion.

Maybe you have very injury prone players? Also it's strange they consider 'medium' to be too high, maybe they are just a bunch of pansies!

There is no injury bug in the game, if there was then everybody would get it, but clearly it's just a handful of people who do, and it's usually down to poor training schedules, injury prone players, poor backroom staff, poor tactics, etc.

Maybe you have very injury prone players? Also it's strange they consider 'medium' to be too high, maybe they are just a bunch of pansies!

There is no injury bug in the game, if there was then everybody would get it, but clearly it's just a handful of people who do, and it's usually down to poor training schedules, injury prone players, poor backroom staff, poor tactics, etc.

Yes like I said before, my tactics are so **** they've given me a 19 game unbeaten run and put me 3rd in the table, my best mates son plays for Witton Albion ( I mean the real one not a game) and he trains two evenings a week which I can assure you is pretty average for part time players. I don't care how many excuses people make for this game it is flawed in many ways and there are far more than a 'few' that have complained/moaned about the amount of injuries...... It seems to me that there are a 'hand full' of muppets who will not accept the fact that somethings in this game are just silly.

Yes like I said before, my tactics are so **** they've given me a 19 game unbeaten run and put me 3rd in the table, my best mates son plays for Witton Albion ( I mean the real one not a game) and he trains two evenings a week which I can assure you is pretty average for part time players. I don't care how many excuses people make for this game it is flawed in many ways and there are far more than a 'few' that have complained/moaned about the amount of injuries...... It seems to me that there are a 'hand full' of muppets who will not accept the fact that somethings in this game are just silly.

hahaha muppets, coming from the person who refuses to listen to advice and would rather blame the game.

Injuries happen, they happen a lot in real life, injury problems happen and one of the skills of being a manager is learning how to cope with said injuries and how to prevent them from happening too often, you clearly are not very good at this skill, go away and rethink things.

It seems like their are a "hand full of muppets" unable to accept they may not be very good at all aspects of this game and find it easier to blame it rather than themselves.

Ok you know best, sorry I bothered trying to help you :rolleyes:

Oh one last thing, which of us has the problem with injuries?

EDIT

Your guy who plays for Witton Albion - He trains two nights a week, are you telling me he does nothing else? doesn't go out running, doesn't go to the gym? etc.

Well I can't see me losing too much sleep over it mate but thanks for your concern anyway.

I don't expect people like you will tbh.

You'll continue with your blinkered view that you know better than everybody else, you'll continue to suffer from the same problems as you refuse to learn from your mistakes and you'll continue to whinge about them on the forums calling those who disagree with you "fanboys"

As for me, I'll continue to enjoy the game and I'll continue to help people where I can on the forums :)

I don't expect people like you will tbh.

You'll continue with your blinkered view that you know better than everybody else, you'll continue to suffer from the same problems as you refuse to learn from your mistakes and you'll continue to whinge about them on the forums calling those who disagree with you "fanboys"

As for me, I'll continue to enjoy the game and I'll continue to help people where I can on the forums :)

I'm 53 years old not a bit of a kid like you mate so this game isn't my life like it probably is to you, I've got **** loads of more important things to do or maybe I'd be a master of 4000 odd posts too.

If I want to come to the game forum and air my view I will do and I don't need your permission for jack!

I'm 53 years old not a bit of a kid like you mate so this game isn't my life like it probably is to you, I've got **** loads of more important things to do or maybe I'd be a master of 4000 odd posts too.

If I want to come to the game forum and air my view I will do and I don't need your permission for jack!

well why not go do them? you clearly struggle with the full concept of the game, so why not go do these important things and leave the football management sims to the folk willing to listen and learn :)

well why not go do them? you clearly struggle with the full concept of the game, so why not go do these important things and leave the football management sims to the folk willing to listen and learn :)

Why do you assume I haven't already done them? If having a 19 game unbeaten run and being 3rd in the league is seen as struggling I'd suggest that it's you that hasn't quite got the concept of the game mate. The only thing that's peeing me of is as I said.... stupid amount of injuries. As for "why not go do these important things and leave the football management sims to the folk willing to listen and learn", rest assured if I ever need advice on what's going on in my life, I'll never be in a position where I need to ask you for it.

***sighes***

Seriously? What is the point in that?

For the record I'm far from being a kid and 4,000 odd posts only averages around a couple a day (although I suspect there were a fair few deleted when SI last had a clearout).

Aside from that though do you not give any thought about how you come across on the forums? For someone who claims to be 53yos you do a fine job of acting like a angry teenager who doesn't get his own way.

Anyway I have no interest in getting into an argument with you so at this point the best thing I can do is leave you to it.

Why do you assume I haven't already done them? If having a 19 game unbeaten run and being 3rd in the league is seen as struggling I'd suggest that it's you that hasn't quite got the concept of the game mate. The only thing that's peeing me of is as I said.... stupid amount of injuries. As for "why not go do these important things and leave the football management sims to the folk willing to listen and learn", rest assured if I ever need advice on what's going on in my life, I'll never be in a position where I need to ask you for it.

if you cant manage the injuries then you are struggling with the FULL content of the game, simple as. You refuse to listen to advice and dismiss it very quickly as being incorrect because your doing so well in the league, so i dont understand the point in your threads, there is no injury bug with the game, otherwise there would be a lot more threads about it.

I never offered advice on your life, no one on here did, what was offered was help with the game which it appears you need, but you have shot it down because you know better apparently.

The only problem I have with injuries is Internationals and Friendlies.

Basically, If I'm not the manager, I am almost guaranteed to get an injury, and they are nearly always for at least a month. And it's usually loads in quick succesion and for a silly reason like doing some weight training or trying to sprint.

I get a normal amount during matches and training sessions but in those time of internationals im guaranteed at least 2 injuries to key players. Its so annoying

Injuries are a major part of football. Deal with it, because you are whining like a child. 53yrs old ha ha

Whining? What you can actually hear me can you? My god another clever dick, so many on one forum.... The trouble with you fanboys is that if someone dares to disagree and criticize your life's only love, you have to come out with all the predictable comments and child like comments such as 'deal with it' don't even enter the fray because it's only a game mate, I don't need to deal with it......... But you do!

The only problem I have with injuries is Internationals and Friendlies.

Basically, If I'm not the manager, I am almost guaranteed to get an injury, and they are nearly always for at least a month. And it's usually loads in quick succesion and for a silly reason like doing some weight training or trying to sprint.

I get a normal amount during matches and training sessions but in those time of internationals im guaranteed at least 2 injuries to key players. Its so annoying

To be fair it is quite often the case in real life that clubs tend to get an injured player back from international duty. Look at how many are always pulling out the England squad or just look at the last friendly against France where Liverpool lost Gerard for almost two months. I think it's because they are only in the international squad for a week or two so they pack in more training sessions usually.

To be fair it is quite often the case in real life that clubs tend to get an injured player back from international duty. Look at how many are always pulling out the England squad or just look at the last friendly against France where Liverpool lost Gerard for almost two months. I think it's because they are only in the international squad for a week or two so they pack in more training sessions usually.

Yes that's a fair point mate.

Firstly, for a 53 year old you are acting like a big baby, Pathetic!

Secondly, why bother posting in these forums if you're only going to throw back every piece of advice back in people's faces and continue with the I know best attitude?

Third, I can assure you that if you continue to insult those that are trying to help and curse at everyone you are only going to get yourself banned from these forums.

Whining? What you can actually hear me can you? My god another clever dick, so many on one forum.... The trouble with you fanboys is that if someone dares to disagree and criticize your life's only love, you have to come out with all the predictable comments and child like comments such as 'deal with it' don't even enter the fray because it's only a game mate, I don't need to deal with it......... But you do!

i hope when i am 53 i dont come across and arrogant and childish as you do.

Anyway best to move on, you are right all of us are wrong, there definately must be a bug with injuries because with your perfect managment and tactics there is no way you should be struggling, infact if i were you i would consider legal action against SI for cheating you out of key players for key games, clearly the game is struggling to cope with your perfect tactics so the ME is injuring all your players to stop you doing so well.

Why do people get so upset by this (both sides that is...)

Injuries happen, especially at lower levels.

Why?

1) The refs arent anywhere near as good and thus dont pick up on fouls/niggles that a better ref would do (I know this is debatable, because some premiership refs are awful as well.)

2) The players arent anywhere near as good - tackles that would normally collect the ball, get the player, players who would normally jump over tackles, dont see them comming.

3) The players arent anywhere near as fit - the fitter you are, the better prepared for a few knocks and bruises (Accept premadonnas like poor little torres...)

4) The Physios arent as good (if they are even full time or even proffesionals!)

5) The coaches arent as good and thus training might not be effective in the same way, or might actually be doing the players injuries

6) The pitches arent as good - most premiership pitches are like bowling greens, lower division teams have pitches closer to ploughed fields.

I could go on and mention the equipment, the pre-game travel, the players diets etc - but I wont, I hope the point has been made.

i hope when i am 53 i dont come across and arrogant and childish as you do.

Anyway best to move on, you are right all of us are wrong, there definately must be a bug with injuries because with your perfect managment and tactics there is no way you should be struggling, infact if i were you i would consider legal action against SI for cheating you out of key players for key games, clearly the game is struggling to cope with your perfect tactics so the ME is injuring all your players to stop you doing so well.

I can't honestly see you making it to 53 with your attitude sorry mate.

Why do people get so upset by this (both sides that is...)

Injuries happen, especially at lower levels.

Why?

1) The refs arent anywhere near as good and thus dont pick up on fouls/niggles that a better ref would do (I know this is debatable, because some premiership refs are awful as well.)

2) The players arent anywhere near as good - tackles that would normally collect the ball, get the player, players who would normally jump over tackles, dont see them comming.

3) The players arent anywhere near as fit - the fitter you are, the better prepared for a few knocks and bruises (Accept premadonnas like poor little torres...)

4) The Physios arent as good (if they are even full time or even proffesionals!)

5) The coaches arent as good and thus training might not be effective in the same way, or might actually be doing the players injuries

6) The pitches arent as good - most premiership pitches are like bowling greens, lower division teams have pitches closer to ploughed fields.

I could go on and mention the equipment, the pre-game travel, the players diets etc - but I wont, I hope the point has been made.

Now that makes perfect sense and does go someway towards explaining how and why some of these injuries could be happening.

Now that makes perfect sense and does go someway towards explaining how and why some of these injuries could be happening.

I used to watch my Dad play non-league football for Hayes back in the 80's - they had some HORRIFIC injuries at those games. He had 1 broken ankle as a goal keeper from the opposition striker sliding in on him every time he had the ball on the ground (happened a lot more even in the proffesional leagues back then). There was regularly a match ending injury in both halves, 50% was intentional maliciousnesss, 50% just clumsyness.

There's no need to start name calling, that is just pathetic. I was only offering my opinion, if you don't want it then don't post on the forum. It seems some people are just so sure the game is flawed they won't accept they are doing anything wrong themselves.

Really don't know why I bother with this forum any more!

I used to watch my Dad play non-league football for Hayes back in the 80's - they had some HORRIFIC injuries at those games. He had 1 broken ankle as a goal keeper from the opposition striker sliding in on him every time he had the ball on the ground (happened a lot more even in the proffesional leagues back then). There was regularly a match ending injury in both halves, 50% was intentional maliciousnesss, 50% just clumsyness.

Yes I believe you mate and what you've listed above does go some way towards explaining why it happens in the game, if that is the case it would be nice if we had some way of combating it a little, though I'm not sure how you could to be honest.

There's no need to start name calling, that is just pathetic. I was only offering my opinion, if you don't want it then don't post on the forum. It seems some people are just so sure the game is flawed they won't accept they are doing anything wrong themselves.

Really don't know why I bother with this forum any more!

Sorry mate, wasn't meant directly at you, I was just generalising.

Yes I believe you mate and what you've listed above does go some way towards explaining why it happens in the game, if that is the case it would be nice if we had some way of combating it a little, though I'm not sure how you could to be honest.

Set your players tackling to hard at the begining of the match, let them kick the **** out of the opposition first, then calm it down after the refs handed out a few yellow cards.

Used to work in real life :)

jon157uk - Please cut out the the foul language and the insults towards other forum members who are merely trying to help you out. I honestly cannot believe I am telling a 53 year old man how to act on an internet forum.

I don't need your permission for jack!

You are right, you don't need Cougar's permission for anything. You do, however, need my permission, and some of your posts in this thread have frankly been unacceptable. People have been very helpful to you, and you have returned their help with rudeness. If I see any more, then it will be dealt with fittingly. The thread is only staying open because of a couple of constructive posts near the end.

(Thanks Andy- simultaneous posting!)

For the record I'm far from being a kid and 4,000 odd posts only averages around a couple a day (although I suspect there were a fair few deleted when SI last had a clearout).

You suspect? You lost about 7,000 :D

You are right, you don't need Cougar's permission for anything. You do, however, need my permission, and some of your posts in this thread have frankly been unacceptable. People have been very helpful to you, and you have returned their help with rudeness. If I see any more, then it will be dealt with fittingly. The thread is only staying open because of a couple of constructive posts near the end.

(Thanks Andy- simultaneous posting!)

You suspect? You lost about 7,000 :D

Yes mate point taken and your right, there is some sound advice here amongst other things.... Thanks

Set your players tackling to hard at the begining of the match, let them kick the **** out of the opposition first, then calm it down after the refs handed out a few yellow cards.

Used to work in real life :)

Yes I'll give that a go, thanks mate!

Archived