Help in making my game run quicker.

Really depends on your system specs but in general I would suggest unticking all the add-ons that 3D uses or consider 2D if your computers specs are low end.

Any tips to make my game run a bit faster?

You can turn off things like "Stadiums", "Weather Affects", ETC, in the preferences which make things run a bit quicker.

Also, I find it seems quicker if I holiday through the week between games if there is no important stuff to take care of.

It probably isnt any quicker but it feels like it is and I egt to make a cuppa while on holiday ;)

(If you holiday between matches, make sure you save first incase the board decide to sell your star striker)

I found the Virus checker you use makes a difference, use to have AVG but the latest version was doing an imitation of Norton.

I now use gamebooster to free up system resources, use Microsoft Security Essentials and spybot for protection. the match engine is now smoother and only really stutters when there is a lot of processing being done by the game.

turn off programs that are not in use. if you are not online then turn off your antivirus

No need to turn off your antivirus completely. Just set it up so that it ignores the folders that FM uses while scanning.

hursty2 can you please tell us your computer specs (type\speed of processor, amount of ram you have, what graphics card your using) and you should get some better answers.

Archived