Compensation and scouts.

Why can't a scout inform me what compensation I will need to pay when signing a youngster?

A quick call to FA HQ should get the info.

There is no gaurentee any player will sign no matter how interested the scout says he is in joining, there is no gaurentee you will get the player for the price the scout estimates and theres no gaurentee the player will develop how the scout says he will.

The only gaurentee is the amount of compo you have to pay, which I believe is set by the FA.

I'm fed up opening contract talks with a youngster only to discover I cant afford the compo and then I have to walk away from the deal.

Then 2 weeks later I manage to offload the donut center half who Ive been trying to sell for 2 years and I can now afford the compo.

But alas, the youngster won't enter negotiations with me because of the previous break down in talks.... Sigh!.

If the two clubs cannot agree on compensation, it goes to a tribunal. This tribunal isn't under the FA - it's a member of various leagues and player organisations, run independently from them.

So a scout can't always figure out how much compensation needs to be paid. Certainly not with a phone call.

Once you enter the contract talk you can see the compo. if you withdraw the talk before the first suggestion, you will be able to go back to it again in the future.

Nope. Once Ive walked away from a deal, the player won't talk to me again for months.

If the two clubs cannot agree on compensation, it goes to a tribunal. This tribunal isn't under the FA - it's a member of various leagues and player organisations, run independently from them.

So a scout can't always figure out how much compensation needs to be paid. Certainly not with a phone call.

Yes but thats not how it happens in FM.

The compo is fixed at a set amount and it would not be too difficult for the code to be included in the game so scouts can inform you of compo.

You copied my thread ;)

But yes, this is annoying! Roma even accepted my bid of 975k, but when I offered the player a contract the price magically shot up to 1.7m compensation

I admit, this has worked a few times in my favour, for example bid of 1.7m accepted, contract offered, changes to 1.2m compensation.

Archived