Norwegian Reserve Squads.

Ok so I am playing as Høland IL and currently in the Norwegian Premier League. I know that the Premier league team's reserve squads get a place in the second division groups, but does anyone know when ingame you get invited to these leagues? I just started my first season in the PL and was only invited into the under 19s league and having no reserve squad is annoying and makes the game harder :\

I know that the Premier league team's reserve squads get a place in the second division groups

They dont.

You dont get invited, reserve teams plays as an individual team in the lower divisions so they have to get promoted (Reputation is probably the main factor) in order to play in the second division. The only limit reserve teams have is that they have to at least be a division apart from the main team. So in short, a reserve team can only go as high as the second division as long as you are in the Tippeliga, but should you get relegated to the first division your reserve team will get an automatic relegation.

As of next season (IRL) there are only 9 reserve teams in the second division, so there is not an automatic invite. They need promotion from the lower leagues.

how the crap do i get my team playing games then :\

I reckon they "play" simulated games in the "imaginary Third Division", just like teams in inactive leagues in other countries.

The promotion from inactive lower leagues should depend on Reputation but also on the quality of your squad I guess... So if you have enough quality backups you can just have them play for the 2nd team where they can make the difference and hopefully lead the team to imaginary promotion.

Would it change anything though? The players dont play at the moment, just sit in the 2nd team getting fat

Don't they have stats for "Non Competitive" games anyway during the season?

In my last save there my 2nd team had been relegated from 2.div but the players were still getting ratings and stats, despite the fixture list being empty, so I suppose the game do simulate games for teams in non-active divisions.

So having good players in the 2nd team could help to boost the chances of getting picked as "promoted team"...

Archived