Fiorentina-No Reserve Matches?

I'm playing as Fiorentina and whiile I have a reserve team, they never ever play a match and have no upcoming fixtures. It is ridiculous as I want to get youngsters more playing time and instead they're left to rot. I'm never asked do I want to register one either.

Any idea what the problem is?

its one of the things that annoyed me about the italian league, not managed there for a few years now. i ended up having to manually having to create friendlies with all the league teams every sunday and thursday i think it was. time consuming and fiddly keeping your reserves match fit :/

I dont get reserve games or youth team games either and I'm not playing in the Italian league. I'm assuming it's because I play the game with edited data that I installed so that I could start in the Evo Stik leagues.

The problem is the Italian FA. They never made a reserve league for reserve teams to play in. :(

Actually reserve teams don't exist at all in Italy, there's just primavera and first team...that's it!

If a player sucks bad he just sits in the stands every weekend :D

I just organise sporadic friendlies when managing an Italian team. I know someone suggested having a smaller squad/co-ownerships, ect. However I personally prefer to have a reserve team, so whenever injuries and suspensions hit the first team, the back up players can be fully fit.

If you do want to go down the smaller squad route, then you can manage keeping a squad of 20 fully fit with a good rotation policy, versatile players, and also you can have 2 players over 20 for your youth team too. That way can work well too if you prefer to loan out or co-own player out for experience. It'll save you a lot of money too on wages, and you won't have the match day expenses of the reserve friendlies.

Although there's no reserve team, in Italy the Primavera is an under-19 competition and it can have a limited number of overage players up to a certain age. Instead of reserve football, any youngster that needs games beyond the Primavera should go out on loan or co-ownership in Italy. In theory this means that Italian teams should be encouraged to use youngsters as backup - although the results are largely mixed.

Archived