I'm using a non-EU player in Spain's Second Divison B (0 allowed)

It's a player active since 2012 so you won't have him. Agent advertised him, Senegal national, I signed him straight from Africa aged 18. First season I used him in league without registering because he was U19. Now he's 19, I registered him, he's playing league again, no problems.

My club is Mirandés, Second Division B, Spain.

Is it normal?

iNfQb.png

It's not so much that they can't play in league matches, as there is no ruling limiting foreign players in the match rules as such. It's the Segunda B squad registration rules that can differ.

What is allowed, "nations treated as EU" are:

Turkey

All European Union nations

All Cotonou nations*

Russia

*Here's the Wikipedia link, so you can read up on the Cotonou Agreement and The African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP)

Basically, any of the countries listed as ACP members, you should be able to sign players from and also be able to register and play in the Segunda B divisions.

For what it's worth, whenever I've played my Granada CF saves over recent years, whilst they were in the Segunda B4, I've always signed lots of African players. There's another political agreement (the name/acronym of which escapes me at the moment), whereby all former Iberian (Spanish & Portuguese colonies), allow citizenship rights in one another's countries within two years residence. Basically, think of any country in the world where Spanish and Portuguese is the spoken language...

So for example, players from Argentina, Brazil, even the philippines, are included. Not only that, but if you're managing an English club and want a work permit feeder club, then a Spanish club is very useful, as all South and Central American nationals, gain Spanish citizenship within two years. Likewise in long-term saves in FM10, I managed to develop South American youngsters (regens) with my club, who went on to gain citizenship and were eligible for the national team, who I also ended up managing :D

So for example, players from Argentina, Brazil, even the philippines, are included. Not only that, but if you're managing an English club and want a work permit feeder club, then a Spanish club is very useful, as all South and Central American nationals, gain Spanish citizenship within two years. Likewise in long-term saves in FM10, I managed to develop South American youngsters (regens) with my club, who went on to gain citizenship and were eligible for the national team, who I also ended up managing :D

That's good insight, especially about the Spanish/Portuguese language countries, totally new to me. My scout is going out to Brazil as we speak :)

I guess it also means any U19 player is OK to play in league matches, no matter what country he's from, since he won't have to be registered. If a new signing is from Brazil and 17, he'll already have citizenship by the time he's 19 and has to be registered.

I've actually managed Granada CF in FM a long-long time ago. I think I got fired, though :)

Archived