Women's Football Manager

Originally posted by KnightedManager:

Oh dear. I can't even take poor Jackie O commentating on MOTD seriously. A women's football manager? They aren't even full time.

P.S. I a not sexist, it's just true.

i agree with EVERYTHING you've said there icon_biggrin.gif

i remember UEFA Dream Soccer on the Dreamcast included women footballers. the GKs were... just like real life.

Originally posted by gcormack:

this topic has been discussed before. it was concluded that there would not be much point making the game because there wouldnt be enough demand for it so si would be better investing their time elsewhere

This.

Originally posted by gavnoble:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Only if they have picturesicon_smile.gif

Like butch women do you? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should see some of themicon_wink.gif

Type 'women footballer' into google image...

Originally posted by gavnoble:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Like butch women do you? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of them are icon_eek.gif in a very sexy way icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by KnightedManager:

Oh dear. I can't even take poor Jackie O commentating on MOTD seriously. A women's football manager? They aren't even full time .

Better get rid of a majority of the leagues available on FM then. icon_rolleyes.gif

If you want to manage crap amateurs just spend your whole career in the bottom division in England, Italy or Germany or just manage in India. Injuries are annoying enough already, I don't want my star centre forward crying off with a broken nail or my goalie going AWOL because of PMT. Lets make proper football manager better before they make a game of this poor excuse for a sport.

Nice to see lots of people feel they can comment on the quality of women's football when they so obviously have never really watched it. I'm not saying any of them are Premiership quality, but I'd bet a fair few of them could play at Championship level if they had mixed teams. Not bad for amateurs.

Originally posted by Klimowicz:

would pregnancy & subsequent maternity leave be an "injury"? at least if she gave birth to a girl, she'd be in the youth academy in 15 years or so.

This has just opened the door on a brand new idea for a feature. Breeding the perfect players. We take Lionel Messi, stick him in a room with a strong woman, and wait 15 years to see the results.

Originally posted by Kain:

Nice to see lots of people feel they can comment on the quality of women's football when they so obviously have never really watched it. I'm not saying any of them are Premiership quality, but I'd bet a fair few of them could play at Championship level if they had mixed teams. Not bad for amateurs.

I think you are exaggerating a litle bit, I have nothing against women's football and indeed it is improving significantly but it cannot be compared to the top levels of football yet (perhaps never if I am honest), particularly in England.

Why? Because it is a different sport, they are just not at the same physical level as the men's game which is why they do not have mixed football and the technical abilty is not the same. Then there is the mental aspect, the male footballers (at least in the football leagues) are much more advanced tactically and can play at a faster rate. You could argue that if more women took part and had the same traning as the men then this would change but I think there is an argument with that, men are just better at sport and women at other things.

As I say, I have nothing against women's football and I hope it does continue to improve as we need more physical activity for females but it is nowhere near Championship level.

As for a game, there is one question Sega would ask themselves and SI, is there a demand for it? No there isn't. Untile there is a demand there will not be a game.

Originally posted by Kain:

i know my post haven't been serious, but i watch it whenever its on tbh, including this years WC tournament on Eurosport/BBC. no problems with outfield players at all, they are technically brilliant and could probably hold their own (mixed teams a no-no), but GKs are just awful. heavily lacking in agility. most of the goals conceded are laughable.

last time i watched a game was the cup final between arsenal and leeds. missed the first half, where apparently the leeds GK was outstanding, but everything was going in for arsenal when i was watching. 3 softish goals in about 5 mins iirc.

in all seriousness, it would be a waste of time and money for SI to impliment the womens game in any future versions. there would be no real interest or significant challenge/difference in it, although there are female fm players. i'd rather they include more licensed content.

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHS.

if they made the editor a little more flexible people could create 'womans FM' but of course it would come with a whole set of a new problems like regens, would you be able to set to 'female only regens' etc so you can 'carry on' your female FM world

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KnightedManager:

Oh dear. I can't even take poor Jackie O commentating on MOTD seriously. A women's football manager? They aren't even full time .

Better get rid of a majority of the leagues available on FM then. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I was thinking... what about Queen's Park - they're not even part-time? icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mista T:

This topic has been brought up since football manager hit the shelves. please, we have all said it time and time again, stop repeating threads.

if that were the case there would only be 1 or 2 active threads. stop crying.

Originally posted by EricMeijer:

Perugia attempt to sign woman

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"She is very beautiful, and has a great figure. I can assure you that as a player, she's very good."

Perugia president Luciano Gaucci doing his bit for sexual equality.

Sill idea btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't he also sign Col. Gaddafi's son? Doing his bit for terrorist rights, was he?

Anyway, on topic - blobs with boobs, yeh? icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by LFC Lloydy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kain:

I think you are exaggerating a litle bit, I have nothing against women's football and indeed it is improving significantly but it cannot be compared to the top levels of football yet (perhaps never if I am honest), particularly in England.

Why? Because it is a different sport, they are just not at the same physical level as the men's game which is why they do not have mixed football and the technical abilty is not the same. Then there is the mental aspect, the male footballers (at least in the football leagues) are much more advanced tactically and can play at a faster rate. You could argue that if more women took part and had the same traning as the men then this would change but I think there is an argument with that, men are just better at sport and women at other things.

As I say, I have nothing against women's football and I hope it does continue to improve as we need more physical activity for females but it is nowhere near Championship level.

As for a game, there is one question Sega would ask themselves and SI, is there a demand for it? No there isn't. Untile there is a demand there will not be a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs, again nothing against the idea of the game or the sport (though some comments have been quite amusing) but bar the top level players- that german striker, the brit who played in the usa and the brazillian forward all look very good- it's pretty poor! And don't get me started on the keepers.

Archived