the top 10 moves for a beginner to make

Welcome to the forums :)

First off, I would say don't click continue.

When you start a new game spend a lot of time setting everything up first. Training, Tactics, Searching for new players, Offering out current players etc

Make the team yours, have an idea of your philosophy and stick to it.

If you don't understand a feature of the game search/ask on here and plenty of people will offer advice.

It's not all that different from back then, just new features, but the core game is similar.

Hi mate i feel like im due to offer some advice if you would like real help im more than happy to add you on a instant messaging service or steam if you have it and help you out. i sufferd for ages despite accomplishing things i stop started so many times i wanted to die i just couldnt get my head round certian aspects of the game so yeah the offers there if you would like it just PM me on here

I would recommend starting at a very big club so it's easier to pick a team based on recognisable players, and don't try anything silly with tactics - usually a basic 4-4-2 will be enough to start you off, and you can make adjustments as you go along.

I would recommend starting at a very big club so it's easier to pick a team based on recognisable players, and don't try anything silly with tactics - usually a basic 4-4-2 will be enough to start you off, and you can make adjustments as you go along.

and I would be tempted to say the opposite :)

A small club usually has less players for you to get your head around and better players stand out more.

Tactics wise I agree with Kenco, start off with a very simple & basic setup then tweak it as you get more confident.

Other than that I would say don't touch training at the very start, the default setup is fine to get you started then as you become more comfortable with the game its an area you can look at.

My two top tips, giving you're starting with East Stirling.

1. Get the absolute best Assistant Manager you can get, and rely on him for press conferences, match prep and teamtalks until you're more confident.

2. Get a parent club (the bigger the better) so you can get good youngsters on loan

Archived