Just Bought FM 2011 for £13 :)

That is Bargain and I want to carry on playing from Jan 2nd(I have play the demo other day hence why end the demo) to onward Season to try help Liverpool climb up from 9TH to maybe top 6 or maybe top 4(but very unlikely!).

Let hope I dont get the Sack at end of season!!!

The Game itself is alright and it is worth having Patch on such as 11.2.1?

Good deal mate. Thats about the price i will pay for FM from now on. After the debacle of this FM11 release and the constant bugs I'm going to be one of those "wiser" people who now wait until January before buying the game. Once its been fixed and is ready to play SI will get my money.

The next patch is the one we are waiting for (expected to be released in February), hopefully it fixes the tactics bug and manager reputation problem.

Nice deal. A week or two before xmas I saw it in HMV for £33 (how they sell something thats not on offer always amazes me) and then last week I saw it on offer at £23 and still felt it was overpriced. Having said that I did pay £28 on release day.

Good deal mate. Thats about the price i will pay for FM from now on. After the debacle of this FM11 release and the constant bugs I'm going to be one of those "wiser" people who now wait until January before buying the game. Once its been fixed and is ready to play SI will get my money.

The next patch is the one we are waiting for (expected to be released in February), hopefully it fixes the tactics bug and manager reputation problem.

what manager reputation problem?

Blimey, well done on getting FM2011 at that price! Patch 11.2.1 fixes lots of things - some of which i never noticed personally so kudos to SI for fixing so many things - however a large number of people have experienced problems in relation to the saving of their tactics...basically it doesent, rendering the game useless. There is a workaround but given how indepth FM is you have enough on your plate remembering what things you need to change. That fix though is to ensure you have have Team/Player settings viewable.

Normally you'd hear people say that the 'early adopters' had to pay the full premium price due to the fact they'v played the game for longer, but due to the above issue this has not been the case at all. So next time I think it's a case of waiting for all available patches to be released before I purchase FM2012 as game stopping bugs like the above are not resulting in an emergency patch.

Yep, I'll be waiting next year definitely. I've lost any good will that I had towards the developers. I used to (as I have this year with 2011) buy the games as soon as it came out and pay full whack but doing this just encourages the developers to continue with the customer unfriendly 3 patch program.

I can understand them doing it in the old days, they had experimental new match engines that needed to be reported and bugged fixed by as many people as possible so the game was released unfinished, but now?

The majority of the gamebreakers this time around are not the ME but in the user inputs (well pretty much everything other than the ME is bugged to hell - take a look at the bugs forum to see). User interface problems shouldn't take a 3 patch cycle to fix, especially when the 1st patch adds another bug etc etc. It's madness!

Sorry SI but I think it's about time you rethought this policy, I like many others will finally follow what has been suggested by people for years now and buy FM 2012 in the bargin bins for a fiver next March.

Archived