From 10 to 11, i still dont get what does "run from deep" means.

then why trequartista's run from deep by default has been set as rarely? if they rarely make foward runs, how did they scores?

By picking the ball up outside the box and either creating an opening for themselves or another or by working the ball to someone else before getting in the box for a return pass.

By picking the ball up outside the box and either creating an opening for themselves or another or by working the ball to someone else before getting in the box for a return pass.

i dont really get what you mean, talk more abt it please.

also, i wanna know what is the use of run from deep for a striker

It means how often the player makes a forward run off the ball when your team is in possession. A striker may be the front man, but he won't be at the very edge of the defensive line all the time, so it affects him too.

run from deep = without ball

run with ball = with ball (obviously)

trequartista should find space to get the ball (usually have a free role of some kind) and then run with the ball when they get it.

It means how often the player makes a forward run off the ball when your team is in possession. A striker may be the front man, but he won't be at the very edge of the defensive line all the time, so it affects him too.

iirc forward runs do very little for strikers as their role means they're already as far forward as they can be*

*with the exception of certain roles and PPMs.

run from deep = without ball

run with ball = with ball (obviously)

trequartista should find space to get the ball (usually have a free role of some kind) and then run with the ball when they get it.

i know, but trequartista not always run from deep, how can he scores so much like Totti?

Totti is a trequartista imo

Having Run From Deep on rarely doesn't mean they won't make any runs at all. It just means they won't look to continually get forward and will only do so if the right opportunity arises. This is influenced by a number of attributes.

Trequartista's are usually very intelligent players and they can pick the right moment to get forward.

Archived