fmhi2011 - signing english free transfers problem.

Ok, so in my first season playing as Man Utd there was a few english players i wanted to buy on a free transfer, some were young, some were old. it came to the 1st jan and it wouldnt let me offer any english players a contract, the option just wasnt there. in march the players i wanted finally re-signed to their current clubs....but i tested it out on any english players right up until the end of the season.

have the rules of free transfers changed in england?

• SI Staff

In real-life (and in the game) the rules for bosman transfers differs between domestic players and non-domestic players.

In England you can't approach domestic players for 'bosmans' until far closer towards their contract expiry date (one month away).

(the exact rules for bosman transfers will differ depending on the league you are managing within)

• SI Staff
Excellent, thanks for the reply marc. Is this a rule that came into effect this season? ive been able to sign english players from jan 1st in previous versions of fmh.

Its been around irl for a fair few years now - just we weren't initially able to shoehorn it into the FMH game.

Thanks for posting about this though as it shows that we DO need to try and make these sort of rules clearer to people in the game so they know why some players are available on bosmans and others aren't.

Archived