Ridiculous signing

So im Port Vale in League 2, season just about to end. Sergio Romero's scout offers him. They want £5k a week, I currently can only offer around 1k. I offer him 4 week trial to keep around til I can get rid of some of the players on transfer window to make room. It works and in the end I actually get him for £3,6k/week.

Now I dont know should I cheer or cry. Argentina national keeper, 27yo at League 2. lol?

Oh yeah, already got Jermaine Jenas in the begin of the season, before that i kept him around for about 4months with 4 week trials. His not as good as Romero though.

Romero isnt that good a keeper you know. Only barely first choice at AZ Alkmaar at the moment and I think there's at least 6 keepers in the dutch top league better than him.

I guess he makes more than the 3,6k per week you give him though, and he probably wont think of ever joining Port Vale, but the fact that he's argentina's national goalie is no indicattion for his ability. Argentina probably hasnt got anyone better to put in the goal, which is amazing in itself. Ask any dutchman, Romero is a pretty average, or even below average, goalkeeper.

But fantastic for PVFC-standards off course. Probably better than good-old Paul Musslewhite I would guess ;-)

Well to be honest, I have pretty much no idea about Romero's irl abilities. And there is a Finnish national in AZ's lineup, so there.. But he is very good in my game anyway. And the fact he has played for Argentina, should make him known all around.

romeroj.jpg

Doesnt look too bad imho!

It annoys me a bit because I remember there been alot of conversation about how it should be harder to find good free players, and even harder to sign them. But its ridiculously easy. I have almost every league playable with 115k players in the begin. It may have effect, but still stupid imo.

I had £28k/w wage budget last season in League 2 and my starting lineup included:

GK: Thomas Grigar (couple caps for Czech's)

CD: Ryan McGivern (NIR NT)

MC: Jermain Jenas (England NT)

MC: Lubos Husek (has also Czech cap)

MC: Stelvio (Angola NT)

MC: Magnus Lekven (would be Norway NT by now if he didnt play in my team)

MC: Komlan Amewou (Togo NT)

And a super newgen released from Chelsea

Forwards were also NT players but for smaller countries and snapped from big team reserves, so I consider them as standard findings. And all these players were actually offered to me by theyre agents, so had to do feck all over getting them. Just tick on "non-negotiable" when offering contract.

Well to be honest, I have pretty much no idea about Romero's irl abilities. And there is a Finnish national in AZ's lineup, so there.. But he is very good in my game anyway. And the fact he has played for Argentina, should make him known all around.

romeroj.jpg

Doesnt look too bad imho!

It annoys me a bit because I remember there been alot of conversation about how it should be harder to find good free players, and even harder to sign them. But its ridiculously easy. I have almost every league playable with 115k players in the begin. It may have effect, but still stupid imo.

I had £28k/w wage budget last season in League 2 and my starting lineup included:

GK: Thomas Grigar (couple caps for Czech's)

CD: Ryan McGivern (NIR NT)

MC: Jermain Jenas (England NT)

MC: Lubos Husek (has also Czech cap)

MC: Stelvio (Angola NT)

MC: Magnus Lekven (would be Norway NT by now if he didnt play in my team)

MC: Komlan Amewou (Togo NT)

And a super newgen released from Chelsea

Forwards were also NT players but for smaller countries and snapped from big team reserves, so I consider them as standard findings. And all these players were actually offered to me by theyre agents, so had to do feck all over getting them. Just tick on "non-negotiable" when offering contract.

Hey forgive my noobishness but how do you get the attribute stats to show up as the colours you have (i.e. changing to orange when good)? Is it a custom skin? Cheers.

Hey forgive my noobishness but how do you get the attribute stats to show up as the colours you have (i.e. changing to orange when good)? Is it a custom skin? Cheers.

Its a custom skin, but I thought its the same in the custom skin, might remember wrong. The skin is "Stelko X1". Got it from some other site.

Archived