Formation 4-2-3-1

Dear Programmers,

I just bought the Football Manager 2011 for my Iphone. So far, I am loving the game ! Havent been playing Football Manager games before.

As my manual does not work on the iphone, I have a question I hope you can answer here for me regarding formations.

I can see that there is a wide variety of preset formations to choose from. However, there is one formation missing that is a very popular one in real life as many teams for example at the world cup in 2010 have played the formation 4-2-3-1 (one of them being a successful German team for example...)

4 defenders, 2 central defensive midfielders (Khedira & Schweinsteiger), 1 left attacking midfielder (Podolski), 1 central attacking midfielder (ôzil), 1 right attacking midfielder (Müller) and then one striker (Klose). As you can see there is no player in the normal midfield line.

--------------------Striker------------------- (Strikers)

ALM---------------ACM----------------ARM (Forwards, Attacking midfielders)

------------------------------------------------ (Midfielder)

---------------DM---------DM--------------- (Defensive midfielder)

LB-------------CD------CD--------------RB (Defense)

--------------------GK------------------------

Is it possible to play this formation on the football manager 2011 game on iphone? And if yes, how? and if no, can this be added somehow?

I could not find this formation.

Thanking you in advance for helping me with this....

(I am sure there are many teams that would like to play this formation...)

Kind regards,

Christian

• SI Staff
Is it possible to play this formation on the football manager 2011 game on iphone? And if yes, how? and if no, can this be added somehow?

Now added for the update - thanks for the suggestion.

This will be a good addition and one I've thought about suggesting myself. Although not sure if I would want two DMC or two MC.

I'm sure it's probably better the way suggested with so many attacking players.

Leeds are playing something similar this season, but with CMs rather than DMCs. Johnson and Kilkenny are playing as MCs, with Howson as AMC, then 2 from Gradel, Snodgrass, Sam & Watt wide. Any chance of this as well?

Also, can't remember whether he's on the iPod version, but Ben Parker's not in the Leeds squad on PSP

Leeds are playing something similar this season, but with CMs rather than DMCs. Johnson and Kilkenny are playing as MCs, with Howson as AMC, then 2 from Gradel, Snodgrass, Sam & Watt wide. Any chance of this as well?

Also, can't remember whether he's on the iPod version, but Ben Parker's not in the Leeds squad on PSP

Yeah it would be good to have 4-2-3-1 with MCs and 4-2-3-1 defensive with DMCs.

Archived