Manager reputation not increasing?

Hey all, I started a journeyman game at semi-pro experience and got a contract with volgar-gazprom, which at the time was just avoiding relegation in the russian first division. After two successful seasons I'm in the premier division clear of relegation, and my manager rep seems to not have changed at all (on my manager profile it still says national rep and the bar hasn't increased, and no clubs are interested)!! how does that make sense?? Taking over a struggling team and getting them promoted the next season should have gotten my name out right? I was hoping to move to a more prolific club at the end of this season when my contract ends but will my rep even be different from the start of the game (semi pro)? thanks.

you must remember you are managing in a league that has a lowish rep and so does your team. How many people outside of Russia can honetly name the team that just managed to stay up last year, or even finished mid table in Russia? I could as I have an interest in that league but most others couldnt. Compare that number to how many people have heard of Zenit or CSKA, there wiill be a massive difference. Rep works along those lines, you need to start winning the league before you are going to get noticed by anyone from a 'more prolific' club.

While I agree that the league is not as well known as many, I think aussieant's response highlights one of the issues with the game. I always thought reputation was a reflection of how the footballing world viewed you rather than the general public. i.e, those "in the know" so to speak. I thought this because reputation is the major factor that teams consider when hiring a manager. Thus, while the average fan in Spain may not know anything about the Russian first division, I would expect the people looking to hire a manager to be better informed.

But if the reputation is supposed to be more of a reflection of the general footballing population, than it explains why so many people have trouble in a journeyman career. You won't see an Arsene Wenger type move if this is the case, which is unfortunate.

as somebody who was born in scotland and currently lives in england, i do not have a clue about who is highly regarded in ireland, NI, or wales. their leagues are pish. i know a bit more about italy, germany, spain, etc... as their leagues are good and popular.

your reputation is also tie in with the clubs rep, the leagues rep and the nations rep

whether this is the general public's opinion or the people in the know, you would still not be regarded as highly as somebody who has acheived the same success at a higher standard

thanks for your replies, so let me get this straight, in order to increase my manager rep I need to start winning the premier division at a minimum? or start from scratch in a more reputable country and establish myself there (which would be 1 step forward 2 steps back in this case, since I've already put so much work into volgar). I'm just really frustrated that after all this effort I seem to be exactly where I was at the start of the game. Does rep even increase when you select an experience level (semi-pro, sunday league etc) or did I make the mistake of not choosing "automatic".

AFAIK the rep issue is a known bug and is being looked into. From the little ive read about it, I think its something to do with your rep resetting to what it originally was at the start of every season or something along those lines. Maybe check out the bugs forum.

Mourihno won the treble with Porto including CL and Porto is fairly reputable club compare to a Russian league but at that time, his reputation isn't considered as world-wide. Maybe continental at that moment. But when he took over Chelsea and named himself the "special one" his reputation sure does increase a lot. So, I believe reputation plays a big part in which club you are managing.

If Mourinho never goes to Chelsea, Inter and R Madrid and continue to stay at Porto, and continue to win only the league, his rep probably isn't as high as he currently has.

Another example, Guardiola has zero rep as manager but won the treble with Barca. His rep skyrocketed.

Archived