PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] Sales at end of season do not go through

SucksAtFM
03-01-2011, 15:48
Hi, I have had this happen with the only two players I have tried to sell at the end of the season rather than immediately. E.G. One player was supposed to go to Burnley and although I had the option to confirm the transfer at the end of the year it never went through. The transfer stayed in place and at the end of subsequent seasons I was asked to confirm the transfer but again it would not go through. As the transfer had been arranged I could not renew his contract and in the end he left for free.

Thanks

Edit: iPod/iTouch version by the way

David Milmine
04-01-2011, 10:41
Hi, are you able to let us know which players this happened with?

FMHplayer
06-01-2011, 05:13
I have the same problem but the other way round. Agreed transfer at the end of the season doesn't go through. I arranged transfers in Dec'12 for Alex Teixeira and Yaya Sanogo to join my team in June'13 (hoping I'd have enough money to afford their fees by the end of the season). The clock whizzes round to June'13 when I've got plenty of cash. I let four end of contract players leave to ensure that I have space. FMH 2011 asks me to confirm signing each player, and reports that my team has confirmed them, but then doesn't add either player to my first team. I've played the game through to August'13 to see if there was simply a delay, but no, these delayed transfers never seem to happen. Weirdly, Teixeira and Sanogo's player details report that they have agreed a transfer with Aston Villa (ok, ok!! ;-) but their contract expiries now show the expiry dates that would be correct if they had actually joined my team (ie. Jun'16 and Jun'18, rather than Jun'13). Help!! Very frustrating. Sanogo in particular looked tasty. Is there a fix for this?

Charlie Allen
06-01-2011, 12:30
Thanks guys. We've managed to reproduce this here and have now logged the issue in our database to hopefully be fixed in a future update. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

FMHplayer
06-01-2011, 17:50
Thanks Charlie. It's an awesome game. Doing much better at this than Fantasy Premier League where I'm getting my ass kicked for being too loyal to useless Liverpool! How long do you reckon it will take to put the next update through? Is it worth keeping my last save (May'13) so that I can continue on and accept Teixeira and Sanago in June'13? Or are those transfers dud because something in the original deal didn't set up correctly? Thanks for the advice...

Charlie Allen
06-01-2011, 18:24
Thanks Charlie. It's an awesome game. Doing much better at this than Fantasy Premier League where I'm getting my ass kicked for being too loyal to useless Liverpool! How long do you reckon it will take to put the next update through? Is it worth keeping my last save (May'13) so that I can continue on and accept Teixeira and Sanago in June'13? Or are those transfers dud because something in the original deal didn't set up correctly? Thanks for the advice...
Glad you're enjoying it. As for the next update, I can't say for sure when that'll be out nor whether a fix for this particular issue will make it into the next update in time I'm afraid. Last word from Marc on the update was...

It'll be in January hopefully within the next few weeks (can't give a precise date because its in QA now).

After this update I expect to roll out updates fairly regularly, probably once a month or so during the rest of the football season.

And as for whether it will fix the transfers in your current save I'm afraid I can't say for sure on that either at this stage.

Sorry to not be of much help.

Charlie Allen
07-01-2011, 11:25
Right, there is a workaround for this that could help for now - if you're on holiday when the transfers are supposed to complete they will go through as normal. So I'd recommend going on holiday for a week a few days before the July transfer window opens. That way you should be able to continue your May 2013 save FMHplayer and sign Teixeira and Sanogo at the end of the season as you intended.

Marc Vaughan
10-01-2011, 02:42
Thanks guys. We've managed to reproduce this here and have now logged the issue in our database to hopefully be fixed in a future update. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

I think its rectified now - just waiting for QA to investigate and verify this.

FMHplayer
20-01-2011, 21:20
Thanks Charlie/Marc, Just came back to post that I'd found a get around for this one. Suddenly remembered that transfers automatically fail when I didn't have enough cash for them, so I adjusted all my transfer cash into wage cash, waited for Sanogo and Teixeira to fail, then moved the money back and re-negotiated for them. Wanted to share but now I see you've found an even smarter way. Thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated! :-)