iPod: Scouts are lazy or am I just unlucky?

Hey

I have played a season of FMHi, and tried real hard to find some new players for my Southport team. Sadly my scouts have been pretty useless.

For the first 8 months or so they didn't find anything, when I asked them to scout for youngsters or in England. They would use about a month and come up with nothing. The last few month of the season they would find the same 3-4 player in England - all really old players. Beginning on the second season, they still haven't found any players after 2 weeks search.

So am I just really unlucky? Is it a bug? Or a feature?

Thanks in advance

- Kegus

• SI Staff
I have the English Leagues down to Blue Square Bet Premier (where i'm playing with Southport) and the best league in Italy, Spain and Holland.

OK - scouts generally will only recommend players who they think will sign with your club, its possible that there aren't many players that interested in your club at present because of the level you're playing at.

(I've changed things in the forthcoming update so that players released from other clubs take a 'hit' on their reputation which will give you an increased amount of players once thats available incidentally)

Okay.. Well, this way it makes playing a small club extra difficult as you will not find any players via scouts (or at least I didn't) and in "Player Search" only players with "big" names are listed when looking for people with out a club. But I guess that it's a game feature? :)

I'm looking forward to the update, hopefully it will make the game even more fun - so hope it is released soon ;)

OK - scouts generally will only recommend players who they think will sign with your club, its possible that there aren't many players that interested in your club at present because of the level you're playing at.

(I've changed things in the forthcoming update so that players released from other clubs take a 'hit' on their reputation which will give you an increased amount of players once thats available incidentally)

Brilliant idea :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like the scouts are doing their job after I was promoted :), but they keep finding the same players over and over again. And the players they find are usually on a very long contract, or their club doesn't want to sell them or they are way to expensive to buy. So they might find someone, but it still pretty useless, at least for me as a small club ;) Would it be possible to have them search for player possible to acquire, or tell them what you are looking for. E.g. (random order)

- Players out of a contract or free agents

- A position

- Able to purchase

- Players with contracts that are expiring

etc. :)

I think in general scout reports (and similarly, your coach reports on own players) should be more detailed.

At present scout reports seem to be made up of generic comments based on a player's star rating. More important but simple things can be mentioned - injury proness and character, for example.

My current game is with Man City with only England simulated. The scout struggled to find young talents. Whereas in my previous game with Inter, simulating also the England and Spanish leagues, the scout was able to find 2 dozens of good young players?

I know what you mean about Scouts - I've now started to avoid setting them criteria of who to find, and I literally spend maybe an hour trawling through teams in all divisions, finding players who appear to have good stats/who are young, and I then ask the scout to go and scout that player. I prefer this approach because you also start to get quite a detailed knowledge of the opponents in your division because you spend so long studying their squads. Last night I was playing for 2 hrs, but I reckon I spent over half of that manually scouting players.

Archived