Woow.... Keeper sent off

Im amazed. Playing with the 8.0.2 patch

was playing away at chelsea with everton, losing 4-3 and james vaughan breaks free after a chelsea corner and petr cech bring him down outside the area and is sent off... never seen a goal keeper being sent off, i fort this was missing from the game but obv not icon_smile.gif ... essien went in goal, but unfortunately it was the 93rd minute and i culdnt get a last gasp equiliser and stop chelseas winning streak which now stretched to 14 games at the begining of the season

sorry for the story... but fort id mention the red card for cech... is this a new feature for patch 8.0.2 ... or have i just never seen this before

Im amazed. Playing with the 8.0.2 patch

was playing away at chelsea with everton, losing 4-3 and james vaughan breaks free after a chelsea corner and petr cech bring him down outside the area and is sent off... never seen a goal keeper being sent off, i fort this was missing from the game but obv not icon_smile.gif ... essien went in goal, but unfortunately it was the 93rd minute and i culdnt get a last gasp equiliser and stop chelseas winning streak which now stretched to 14 games at the begining of the season

sorry for the story... but fort id mention the red card for cech... is this a new feature for patch 8.0.2 ... or have i just never seen this before

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I've never seen it either, nor an injury to a keeper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keepers can get injured during trainer. It only happens not often

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

I've seen it IRL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yer obv... talkin bout in the game

i wld post a screen shot but not a clue how to so ill leave it lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brads-Wigan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

i wld post a screen shot but not a clue how to so ill leave it lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For future reference!

- Alt + F9 on screen you wish to save

- My Documents > Sports Interactive > FM2008 > Screenshots

- Upload to imageshack, photobucket, or similar

- Post link here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brads-Wigan:

i wld post a screen shot but not a clue how to so ill leave it lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For future reference!

- Post link here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iv given it a whirl.. lets hope this link works

ChelseavEvertonOverview.png

I've never seen it either, nor an injury to a keeper. You just know something will happen in my next game now... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think i had keepers injued on fm07 just after the rule came in about players having to go off the pitch if they are injured and si obviously didnt realise this applied to keepers! i got a tad annoyed when my keeper went off for treatment on the side of the pitch and the other team scored from the half way line against and open goal!

For future reference!

- Post link here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iv given it a whirl.. lets hope this link works

ChelseavEvertonOverview.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you're gonna get sent off, best time do do it is the 90th minute icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coopvalho:

I thought this was also on the last game? I remember thinking I was smart and taking my spare keeper off of the bench for a spare striker...it didn't end up being such a wise decision, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's been in every game that ever existed! Lol. We're just pointing out that it is a very rare occurance icon_smile.gif

Wow. I thought it had been taken out.

My keeper gets so few bookings he makes Gary Lineker look like a thug and is so studly he makes the Bionic Man look asthmatic and feeble.

Never, ever had a keeper miss a game in 8. At all. Not a one.

I think i'm going to keep a keeper in the subs for now on. I've never done it before unless playing International and have plenty of room to keep a keeper on there.

One of these days, my luck will run out. Should probably keep a spare defender too. I'm bad for it.

this happened in my game last night scotland vs italy im 1-0 up and buffon sent off in the 88 min for a foul outside the box and hes last man, zambrotta went in goal and barry fergerson scored from the free kick 2-0!! i have taken a screenshot, ill try post it

With 7 subs now, I don't see why can't you cover all the positions including keepers. It's rare to have keeper sent off or injured, but they do happen, that's why AI and irl managers usually have sub keeper on the bench.

Sometimes it seems like a pass back and keeper uses his hands to collect it (under the pressure). I haven't seen those indirect free kicks awarded. It's rare but it does happen also.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coopvalho:

Typical aint it? And you're normally already behind at that stage...thats kicking a man while he's down! Haha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I'm normally up by a goal and then concede a couple with an outfielder in the net! icon_frown.gif

Its happened to me a number of times. Once, I had a keeper sent off so I subbed my other keeper on for one of my outfield players. And then he got injured I had no other keepers left. I had to find my outfield player with the highest goalkeeping stat and put him in goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bonzo:

I had both my keepers injured in the same game on FM07. Was pretty devastating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i remember on championship manager 2 (all those years ago) was in the european championships with england and was playing sweden in the quater finals and had david seaman red carded, tim flowers came on and was then injured, i had to stick tony adams in goal (and i won the game on penalties too icon_biggrin.gif)

Archived