Change seasons expectations.

Starting a game as West Ham, I am given 500k for transfers and I think it was 725k per week for wages.

West Ham have considerable loan debts, so the funds I am offered are understandable.

I wheel and deal in the transfer market and raise plenty of cash from sales.

Most of my transfer targets will not join the club at this stage, so after making a few signings, I decide to keep back my remaining 5mil for the January transfer window.

As we get to January 1st, you can see that the finaces are not in bad shape. Ive kept the wage bill low, well under the total allowed, we are so far runing at a profit for the season and Ive got 5mil to spend.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2865/changeexfinance.jpg

However, the board say that they are giving me the opportunity to change the seasons expectations and they are now saying I can have a seasons transfer budget of 7mil and my wage bill can go as high as 775k for the same "Avoid Relegation! expectaion as I chose at the start of the game.

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/2876/changeex.jpg

At this point I become suspicious and take some screenies. Im confused as to if the 7mil will be added to my existing 5mil transfer funds.

Heres what my finances look like after I accept the "Avoid Relegation" expectation.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1369/changeexafter.jpg

Some questions I have....

How come the 7 mil was not added to the transfer fund of 5mil?

How come I don't have the option to NOT change the expectations and budget?

How come I have no choice but to accept the extra funds? (Despite the clubs financial position and the fact I already have 5mil which is plenty)

Where did the extra cash come from anyway? The bank balance is the same as before I accepted the new deal.

Is this normal? For one thing, I feel kinda cheated that I raised that 5 mil myself and it shouldnt be snapped up by the board and called "Seasons Transfer Fund", because it's not.

Also, I didn't really want the cash because I had very few transfer targets that would join and the clubs finnacial position is not great.

Some questions I have....

How come the 7 mil was not added to the transfer fund of 5mil?

How come I don't have the option to NOT change the expectations and budget?

How come I have no choice but to accept the extra funds? (Despite the clubs financial position and the fact I already have 5mil which is plenty)

Where did the extra cash come from anyway? The bank balance is the same as before I accepted the new deal.

Is this normal? For one thing, I feel kinda cheated that I raised that 5 mil myself and it shouldnt be snapped up by the board and called "Seasons Transfer Fund", because it's not.

Also, I didn't really want the cash because I had very few transfer targets that would join and the clubs finnacial position is not great.

1-They just treat it as a new season budget.. so they added 2 million on top of the 5 you had to make 7 in total.

2-I might be wrong but you do have the choice of not changing expectations.. though the budget will always seem to change.

3-You kept the wage bill low so it means the club will have a bigger profit than expected

To me it really looks everything normal!

Archived