Enough Is Enough ( Crash Dumps )

This is getting ridiculous. Every few months on my Saved Game an error occurs in the Crash Dumps file. Now I have searched for this subject and followed instructions written. Re Installing etc. I am not getting anywhere. When you have to replay games you have already won then this gets beyond a joke. All I want to do is enjoy my game but in the back of my mind I am always wary that I will at some point have to play again. ( I save every week to try and minimise this replaying)

This is getting ridiculous. Every few months on my Saved Game an error occurs in the Crash Dumps file. Now I have searched for this subject and followed instructions written. Re Installing etc. I am not getting anywhere. When you have to replay games you have already won then this gets beyond a joke. All I want to do is enjoy my game but in the back of my mind I am always wary that I will at some point have to play again. ( I save every week to try and minimise this replaying)

When do you get them? Clicking on a particular thing? During matches? While the game is processing results?

Not to rub it in your face icon_wink.gif but I've never had a crash dump on 07 and the only one I had on 08 was when I installed a skin and messed around a bit. I'm just curious as to what it might be that is making them so frequent for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wardie9:

hmmm....i'm no computer technical expert, but maybe if you try and shut down any background programs when running the game, such as anti-virus, firewall etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will try that. Thanks for the reply, it really starts to get on my nerves. I do have a couple of programs running so hopefully that might help.

As Wardie said the saving/processing issue does suggest that possibly your anti virus is interfering. Or maybe some bad sectors on your hard drive (not sure if this would cause a crash dump or just a corrupted save). Or mayne some issues with your RAM.

Have you run the diagnostics tool on your PC?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

As Wardie said the saving/processing issue does suggest that possibly your anti virus is interfering. Or maybe some bad sectors on your hard drive (not sure if this would cause a crash dump or just a corrupted save). Or mayne some issues with your RAM.

Have you run the diagnostics tool on your PC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This diagnostics test? Pardon my ignorance but under where can I find it? I have Windows XP Thanks in advance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

I think it depends on who built your PC/Laptop. If you have a Dell if I remember correctly hold F8 when the Dell logo appears. Any other PC manufacturer check whatever documentation you got with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As it happens I have a Dell PC I'll give it a whirl now icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

I just look at one of the test and it tested stuff like my Hard drive and the Cd Drives. But as you say it takes a long time! I think I may have stumbled on the wrong option icon_rolleyes.gif Is it under Boot Menu (which is what I went for) or is it under the Setup Menu? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a dell laptop and had the exact same problem. It turned out to be a faulty memory card, which I needed to replace. There's an applicaiton you can download called Memtest (I think) that identified it within 30 seconds. The Dell diagnostics (think you hold F12 as it's starting) couldn't find the problem despite running for ages so not sure how useful it is anyway.

Have a look here and maybe print it out before you start

http://support2.jp.dell.com/docs/software/diags/en/running.htm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks a lot guys. I'll do this tomorrow when I have a bit more time. For now I will close any Background programs and see where that takes me icon14.gif

1 gig...2 x 512k chips. It suggests running it for a few hours (I think you can do it in the background) but mine was so screwed that it found an error in literally 30 seconds. If it is that, get it changed right away....as I say it really messed my machine up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> originally posted by bermybhoy:-

1 gig...2 x 512k chips. It suggests running it for a few hours (I think you can do it in the background) but mine was so screwed that it found an error in literally 30 seconds. If it is that, get it changed right away....as I say it really messed my machine up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info icon14.gif

Archived