Things I've always wondered about FM

A couple of things:

1) Why is there only 1 ball in the ME? It is utterly infuriating watching the goalkeeper walk all the way to the corner flag to get the ball before restarting with a goal kick, and this is with key highlights selected. Surely some more balls can be made available :confused:

2) Why are there no handballs in the game? Or is it an unbelievable coincidence that I've never seen one so far?

3) Why don't referees ever play advantage?

Feel free to add more :thup::D

ok here goes...

1) When an injured player needs to get off the pitch for treatment, why does he always go to the goal line when the sideline is much nearer? Time-wasting gits!

2) Why does the physio leave the pitch at half the speed of said injured player? Who's ate all the pies...

There are plenty of handballs now.

Lack of multi ball is annoying but isn't used by all clubs/leagues/competitions etc.

The Premier League didn't use it for a long time, have they brought it back in now?

As I said in a post earlier today, my issue is that they bother to show us the time it takes to retrieve the ball, kick it to roughly where it should be, try and kick it to the right place but overshoot, carefully place it in the correct position, take steps back, wait for several seconds, run up and kick it. At most, we need to see about a second's pause, not twenty-thirty seconds deliberation.

Handballs, they are there, though not common- a bit like real football, I suppose. Possibly a bit too rare?

Injured players- again, I wish we weren't shown them physically leaving the pitch. Just cut to "he's off the pitch and the free kick or whatever is about to be taken".

I see a few handballs.

I really really wish they'd optimise the match engine though. I only ever want to watch the ball in play. I never ever want to see the player placing the ball for a corner, or the ref telling the player off. You should have the option to skip or at least play those bits very very fast. Even a red card. I cant make out if it was just or not anyway, so just tell me its a red card, and let me get on with it. Im literally wasting my life watching them setting the ball for free kicks and all that.

Good shout on the multi-ball too.

Archived