I hate bitter managers

Not a complaint with the game, as it's realistic, you get managers who are petty buggers. I'm just really annoyed as I'm Liverpool and England boss in 2015, and I keep having managers withdraw my players because they don't like me.

This time I had Pim Verbeek withdraw Glen Jonhson, oddly this occurred just after I spanked them 5-1 at Roma, hmm, not suspicious at all. Then Gary Neville withdrew Rooney. I understand why he doesn't like me, but he's a former England player he should put it aside for the nation! Got my revenge by beating them 6-2 at Old Trafford though, and I wasn't too complimentary about him in the press conference(I may have used the add own comment bit to call him a petty ****). Then Aguirre(Arsenal) withdrew my captain, Shawcross. I've never spoken to him the entire game though I realise we're rivals so he won't like me. Don't think the fact that I beat him 3 times last season, including in the champions league final, will have helped.

Rant over. Just wanted to get if off my chest!

Hang on... you kept Glen Johnson in the England team? coco.gif

Seriously though, I've not had the chance to manage club and country yet in FM11, but aside from that, I love winding up certain opposition managers. All adds to the fun.

There's no-one else! Richards, Brown, Walker....I'd rather have Glen than them. Though there's a regen come through at West Ham who is almost a carbon copy of Glen, from height to his attribute spread. Might give him a shot.

I like winding them up too. Giggs is at Everton, Neville at United, who I like to beat regularly, and also I like to hammer Darren Ferguson's Preston in honour of his dad!

There's no-one else! Richards, Brown, Walker....I'd rather have Glen than them. Though there's a regen come through at West Ham who is almost a carbon copy of Glen, from height to his attribute spread. Might give him a shot.

I like winding them up too. Giggs is at Everton, Neville at United, who I like to beat regularly, and also I like to hammer Darren Ferguson's Preston in honour of his dad!

What happened to Kyle Naughton? Was quality for England on my FM10 game from the age of about 23 to 33.

Didn't realise that happened. Might give it a go. I'm in November 2015, so I've got the Euro's coming up at the end of the season so would rather like my best players to be playing!

Yeah thats the tricky part of it.

Cutting your nose of to spite your face.

Oh and Seftinho, Naughton ain't good enough, tbh he wasn't in 10 either, you must have got lucky.

Yeah thats the tricky part of it.

Cutting your nose of to spite your face.

Oh and Seftinho, Naughton ain't good enough, tbh he wasn't in 10 either, you must have got lucky.

Think I'll keep picking them regardless till after the Euro's, and if they still get withdrawn I'll do it then, should have plenty of time to get the message across.

its not a problem for the competetive games, i have a lovely situation with my Barcelona save were i am Barca and Spain, i have 1 first team spainaird in my team and when im ahead, i sub my player and play players of my rivals to give them more chance of doing poorly.

i had a problem with a player who plays for Athletic who i liked for my spain team, he went on to score against my Barca side which has stopped me from being top.

I was playing a FM10 save and was appointed manager of France while also managing ManU. Mancini and Aguirre (ManC and Arsenal respectively) would always withhold my top players playing on their teams for friendlies but would never keep them out of the national side for the actual competition matches. I agree it's sour grapes but at least another layer of interaction in the game.

It's in circumstances like that, it would be nice to have more media interactions as a national team manager. Add fuel to the fire so to speak.

Imagine if you could actually criticise a club manager for withholding players from selection, in the same way you can criticise a manager personally for their management style discipline/transfer of players.

It's in circumstances like that, it would be nice to have more media interactions as a national team manager. Add fuel to the fire so to speak.

Imagine if you could actually criticise a club manager for withholding players from selection, in the same way you can criticise a manager personally for their management style discipline/transfer of players.

I'd like something like this for sure. I couldn't even talk to the players who were withdrawn about it, which was annoying.

Archived