Finished 6th in EPL No Europe - Bug? Screenshot attached

Well i finished 6th on last day of season beating spurs to 6th but i am not in europe for next season.

In the season summary it said Liverpool who finished 4th have taken both a spot for 4th place champ league and 4th round euro cup qual, should that not goto me in 6th place?

Arsenal won the LC

Burnley won the FA Cup

Man U Won Champs League

screenshot20101230at141.th.jpg

If i have just miss-understood the rules then fair enough. I really hope i have as if i have been done out of a Euro spot because of a bug after 6 seasons of trying to get Boro into Europe this is a game breaker for me.

burnley won the FA cup so get a europa spot. if arsenal finished outside of european qualification they get a spot for winning LC, otherwise the spot goes to the runner up (again, if they are out of qualification spot)

if the above is the case then its not a bug but a case of hard luck.

has the EPL rep dramatically dropped in the past 5 years you have been playing? has it lost european places?

Yeah i get the logic with the cup winners as they both finished outside league qual.

But why in that screenshot above does it appear that Liverpool have been given both a Champs league spot and a Euro Cup spot? Plus Man U won the champs league against real madrid, so would that not create an extra spot in league anyway?

The rep has just droped this season to 3rd, but the euro qualifications have remained the same and have done last 5 season (Top 4 champs qual, 5th and 6th euro, 7th euro 4th round)

Yeah i get the logic with the cup winners as they both finished outside league qual.

But why in that screenshot above does it appear that Liverpool have been given both a Champs league spot and a Euro Cup spot? Plus Man U won the champs league against real madrid, so would that not create an extra spot in league anyway?

The rep has just droped this season to 3rd, but the euro qualifications have remained the same and have done last 5 season (Top 4 champs qual, 5th and 6th euro, 7th euro 4th round)

You are suggesting there that England get 4 in the Champions Cup & 3 in the Euro Cup.

If thats the case the bug isn't that your not included in the Euro Cup but just that Liverpool are shown in both the Champions & Euro Cup. This could be a bug or just a display issue as I would presume they'll drop into the Euro Cup if they lose their Champions Cup qualifying fixture.

EDIT

Winning the Champions League/Cup no longer gifts an extra place in the next season.

Ok thinking about it now and seeing it written down....

Am i right in thinking the EPL has been given 7 Europe spots, 4 for champs league and 3 for Euro Cup. Therefore Top 4 teams have taken the 4 champs league spots, Arsenal and Burnley have taken spots by winning cup outside league pos, which means Villa in 5th got the last Euro Spot?

Still a bit confused as to why it looks like Liverpool have been given two spots, and why an extra one wasn't created by man u wining champs league when they had already got a spot from league (and so did real madrid).

EDIT

Cougar2010 was typing mine at same time.

Ok that does make sense to me now, and i'm happy it's not a bug i haven't been given a Euro Spot.

Typically when i have a good season i get some bad luck with the cup winners, oh well will have to try again this season.

I think Liverpool have been given that spot to fall down on in case they fail to qualify for the next round of the Champions League.

WHS.

England's 3 Euro Cup spots go to the two cup winners and 5th place. 6th place gets nothing unless the cup winners also qualify for Europe through the league.

So tough luck.

WHS.

England's 3 Euro Cup spots go to the two cup winners and 5th place. 6th place gets nothing unless the cup winners also qualify for Europe through the league.

Which would happen more often than not, at least one of the two cups.

So tough luck.

Indeed :) Good to see an example of exactly how it works though, I had been confused by it in the past.

I think this is how it works........

The team that finishes 4th in the Prem get into a play off for a champs league spot.

I think its called "Best 4th place finishers play off" or somtin.

If they fail to qualify for the Champs League through the play off, they get a place in the Euro Cop.

Thats why it may appear Liverpool have a spot in both European comps.

Thanks for all the replies, it makes sense now. I obviously haven't got Boro into Europe often since these rules changed lol.

Anyway 7th season has started very good, and i have been given the England job, so that will keep me busy this season.

Archived