Forcing assistant to use certain players

Is it possible to force the assistant manager to use certain players in the youth team? I have a 16 years old GK which I want to play a lot, because he has potential, but my ass man is playing a 2K 19 years old ******. How do I force him to play my youngster?

Set yourself to manage the youth team?

Yeah ... but that sometimes means that you have to manage two or three teams to be able to give certain players playing time in the Reserves/Youth squads.

Would be nice if you could ask the AssMan/Coach in charge to prioritize playing time for certain players.

I think if you pick the team, even when you're not managing them the assistant/coach will play the team you picked...

I'm sure I did this with my Sampdoria reserve team, he played the team that I'd picked at least (whether he was gonna pick the same team or not, I dunno?)

I think if you pick the team, even when you're not managing them the assistant/coach will play the team you picked...

I'm sure I did this with my Sampdoria reserve team, he played the team that I'd picked at least (whether he was gonna pick the same team or not, I dunno?)

This used to be the case, I hope it still is!

That does not happen Im afraid. Not even in the first team when you holiday, you have to check the option for "Use existing team" or whatever it is.

Personally, If I had a good 16/17 year old keeper, I would put him in the first team and "make available for reserves".

I have an 18 year old who joined me first season at 17. I had him in the first team squad and made him available for reserves. He seemed to be first choice reserve team keeper on most occaisions because of this, despite 2 22 year old GK's being in the reserve squad.

If the youngster is good, theres no reason not to play him in the reserves, it won't harm him.

It may work if you place him in the reserves and make him available for the youth team, try that.

why not loan this decent gk out on loan or to 1 of your affiliate clubs ?

Dont loan out anyone uder the age of 18..... If you do this, they will not be "Trained at club".

They have to complete 3 full years before they are 21 at your club to qualify, loaning for as little as 3 months can prevent this happening.

(If you sign an 18 year old, he wont become trained at club)

Dont loan out anyone uder the age of 18..... If you do this, they will not be "Trained at club".

They have to complete 3 full years before they are 21 at your club to qualify, loaning for as little as 3 months can prevent this happening.

Erm....no it doesnt. It doesnt matter if you loan them out, they will still be recognised as trained at the club and homegrown as long as you have had them owned by you for 3 years before the age of 21. If this isnt the case in the game then its 100% a bug.

please learn the actual rules before advising on them.

I don't want to loan him out because at 16 years old it's not guaranteed he will get first team football. Instead of letting him go on loan to a team where he would be reserve, I'd rather have him in my team, set as back-up and living another year under my club, so it will remain only two years left to fulfill.

Erm....no it doesnt. It doesnt matter if you loan them out, they will still be recognised as trained at the club and homegrown as long as you have had them owned by you for 3 years before the age of 21. If this isnt the case in the game then its 100% a bug.

Ive got two players. both were 17 when joining me, Ive loaned them both out and they no longer show "Trained at club by (Insert date)"

I have no reason to misslead anyone.

EDIT.... Actually I have 4.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6167/homegrown.jpg

New, Price, Mason and Savage, All regens who joined before they was 18 and all been loaned out ...... Anderson joined before he was 18 and has not been loaned out.

Ive got two players. both were 17 when joining me, Ive loaned them both out and they no longer show "Trained at club by (Insert date)"

I have no reason to misslead anyone.

EDIT.... Actually I have 4.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6167/homegrown.jpg

New, Price, Mason and Savage, All regens who joined before they was 18 and all been loaned out ...... Anderson joined before he was 18 and has not been loaned out.

Did you buy the youth players or did they come through your youth system? If you bought them they will reach the 'trained in nation' landmark first. After they have achieved trained in nation, obviously there will be a bit more time, wether it be weeks or months before they have actually been at your club for 3 years. Once they have been at your club for 3 years and still under 21, it should change to trained at your club.

Did you buy the youth players or did they come through your youth system? If you bought them they will reach the 'trained in nation' landmark first. After they have achieved trained in nation, obviously there will be a bit more time, wether it be weeks or months before they have actually been at your club for 3 years. Once they have been at your club for 3 years and still under 21, it should change to trained at your club.

I am not trying to misslead anyone here.

Take another look at the screenie..... Anderson came from Brazil.

I am not trying to misslead anyone here.

Take another look at the screenie..... Anderson came from Brazil.

Yes but as he's only joined your club first in this country, his first option will be 'trained at club'. If you sold him after 2 years and he went to another english club, he would change to 'trained in nation'.

So the other 4 regens I bought from other clubs (English clubs) will all be trained at club?

Well yes they should be, but first they will be 'trained in nation' until they have actually been at your club for 3 years then it will change to 'trained at club'.

I'll try and explain the best way I can.

Player A is a newgen in Blackpools team. He is created/contract starts on 20/06/10.

You buy player A for your team (Man Utd) on 01/07/10.

So, Player A has been in England since 20/06/10, but has only been at your club since 01/07/10.

Player A will first show as being 'Trained in nation' as that is the first 'Landmark' he will come to in terms of the dates. So on 20/06/13, your player will become 'Trained in nation'. BUT on 20/06/13, Player A still hasnt been at your club for 3 years, he's only been in the 'Nation' for 3 years, hence his status. Once it gets to 01/07/13 and Player A has actually been at your club for 3 years, he can now be classed as homegrown for YOUR club. So his status will change to 'Trained at club'.

Just out of curiosity, have you loaned out Jordan Spence at all before he turned 21?

please learn the actual rules before advising on them.

Actually he's right, at least for UEFA competitions. Then individual FAs can have different rules, but for continental competitions it works that way. No idea if FM replicates that or not though.

Well guys, it seems that if you set a tactic in your youth "tactic" menu, the ass man will use those players. I set around 5 players in certain positions, and in the last few games all of them were used as first-team players in THAT respective position. This means presetting a youth team might work.

Well yes they should be, but first they will be 'trained in nation' until they have actually been at your club for 3 years then it will change to 'trained at club'.

I'll try and explain the best way I can.

Player A is a newgen in Blackpools team. He is created/contract starts on 20/06/10.

You buy player A for your team (Man Utd) on 01/07/10.

So, Player A has been in England since 20/06/10, but has only been at your club since 01/07/10.

Player A will first show as being 'Trained in nation' as that is the first 'Landmark' he will come to in terms of the dates. So on 20/06/13, your player will become 'Trained in nation'. BUT on 20/06/13, Player A still hasnt been at your club for 3 years, he's only been in the 'Nation' for 3 years, hence his status. Once it gets to 01/07/13 and Player A has actually been at your club for 3 years, he can now be classed as homegrown for YOUR club. So his status will change to 'Trained at club'.

Just out of curiosity, have you loaned out Jordan Spence at all before he turned 21?

Nope, had him in first team from day.

Im really not sure about your explanation of the procedure, Im sure I have had issues with this in other saves, I'll check and provide screenies.

Archived