Looking for help/info on developing youngsters in FM11

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a bit of help in regards to developing youngsters. I'm hoping someone could offer me advice on the best way of improving stats and attributes of the youngsters. I'm playing as Man Utd, and am coming to the end of my first season, I'm looking at bringing through a number of youngsters into the squad to replace the old timers.

What is the best method of improving attributes?

Playing occassionally and having 5 star coaching, or playing them flat out or what?

Thanks for the help

Playing them in the first team too early can have good and bad effects, its hard to say some thrive, others get scared and dont improve.

I would say make sure you have the best facilities, let them play in the un18s until they are 17 (unless they have ridiculously good stats.) Make sure to have your veterans with good personalities tutor them. At 17/18 send them out on loan for a season, make sure that the club that takes them promises that they will be a valuable part of the team (no point in having them sitting on the bench the entire time).

When they come back assess them, either send them out on loan again, or start playing them in the first team. If they get to 19/20 and arent playing a good few games a year for you they wont keep developing properly.

Archived