Losing staff.

Anyone else find that staff move clubs a bit too readily?

I just went on holiday for one month in a West Ham game that I have started and Tony Carr who signed a new contract at the club as a coach at the start of the season (He was a youth coach) and has West Ham as is fav club and his personality is reported to be "Very Loyal" leaves to go as a coach for Liverpool.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6374/carrv.jpg

The guy is a West Ham legend and has spent most of his career at West Ham, responsible for the academy that has developed some of the UK's best talent. (One of the few staff I know who had a testimonial)

I know it's my fault for holidaying but I wont explain why I holiday in some saves, it's just the way I do things sometimes.

I also lost a very good 19/20 scout to Everton at the same time.

Staff leave far to easily imo.

Well if you, in real life, went on holiday for X days, were utterly uncontactable and a job offer came up for one of them, what do you think would happen?

Well, I suspect in real life that West Ham legend and academy director Tony Carr (In his 60's, close to retirement and at his fav club for the past 30 odd years) would probably laugh his (*&&%$^&**(*^^%%&*& head off at the audacity of a job offer from the Yankie £"$^%&*()((*&^%$££ at Liverpool, what do you think would happen?

Get a grip.

PS, whilst on holiday in FM, I have set tactics, sorted transfers, loans and expiring contracts, hired an AM capable of running most clubs and made sure my mobile has decent reception in the Seychelles.

Sigh. Im not the one complaining about using an unrealsitic feature (go on holiday) in a game which produced an unrealistic result. Frankly you get what is comming when you take short cuts.

I did say I wouldnt explain it but here goes...............

Sometimes I have a save where I never play a game. I leave it entirely to the AI to control matches ect. But I do all the tactics, training, hiring and fireing.

I leave team selection to my AssMan. I do have saves where I do everything, including controlling matches but I rarely get time to work on them.

Why do I do this??? Well not all of us have the time to play FM (I have an ill wife and child at home right now) so we use the game features that were supplied to us by SI when we paid good English pounds for the game................. That OK with you mate?

I did say I wouldnt explain it but here goes...............

Sometimes I have a save where I never play a game. I leave it entirely to the AI to control matches ect. But I do all the tactics, training, hiring and fireing.

I leave team selection to my AssMan. I do have saves where I do everything, including controlling matches but I rarely get time to work on them.

Why do I do this??? Well not all of us have the time to play FM (I have an ill wife and child at home right now) so we use the game features that were supplied to us by SI when we paid good English pounds for the game................. That OK with you mate?

If you noticed I never said I wanted to know why you did it - I just pointed out that realsitically its not a very true representation of 'going on holiday' seeing as if you actually 'went on holiday' whenever you felt like it the board would sack you.

Therefore to get upselt about using an unrealistic feature in an unrealistic way isnt very fair. I can 'use the features provided' to put a striker in goal each week. If I then decided to complain that we conceeded 5 goals every game whoes fault would it be?

If you noticed I never etc etc

Holidaying is a feature, not an exploit nor a cheat.

Why release a game with a feature that is not up to scratch (There are several more issues with holidaying)

So theres an unrealistic feature in the game but if there's an issue with it we can't mention it because its an unrealistic feature?

And the original issue I had happens when not on holiday too.

Holidaying is a feature, not an exploit nor a cheat.

Why release a game with a feature that is not up to scratch (There are several more issues with holidaying)

So theres an unrealistic feature in the game but if there's an issue with it we can't mention it because its an unrealistic feature?

And the original issue I had happens when not on holiday too.

You even admitted in your first post that it was 'your own fault for holidaying'

If you really think that coaches move about too easily go to the bugs forum and start a thread.

If you come to general discussion - you get just that, discussion.

Yep it was my own fault. No one else to blame. And yep it's a discussion. And yep if it's a bug I should report it.

However, justs because it happened to me, does not mean it happens to everyone, therefore I have no proof it's a bug so I come here for discussion.

See how it works?

Your adding nothing to the discussion other than saying I shouldn't holiday.

generally if the staff is loyal, he will stay in my cases... but yeah I never go for holiday for more than a week , a juicy proposal from some other club will surely be taken up my even the loyalist of staff if I am a new manager in the club and am yet to share a good rapport with him... It is like you can hire the any wanted coach you think from any club, while recruiting the staff...

Why don't you stop talking nonsense?I wasn't on holiday and yet i am still losing staff.

Thats a totally separate issue, I never said that wasnt an issue. Why do people always cloud the subject by posting something similar but not quite the same?

Player1 lost his coaches because he was on holiday and not paying attention - game or player? Player

Player2 lost his coaches because the game wouldnt let him re-negotiate a contract with said coach because he had only just renegotiated a contract with him - I dont know in this instance, I dont know enough about employment law to say one way or the other - personally I would say its an issue, but the devils advocate in me says that if he was that important to you then you should have offered him a bigger contract in the first place and he wouldnt have left.

Player1 lost his coaches because he was on holiday and not paying attention - game or player? Player

It was Tony Carr mate... re-read my post, he'd signed a new 5 year contract 6 months earlier too.

I can confidently say that no amount of money could tempt him from West Ham to any club in th world at this satge in his career.

It was a bery dumb transfer.

I lost a top scout too, I wasnt complaining about loosing him, That was my fault for being on holiday, but its still too easy, holiday or not.

Staff change jobs far too easily at times.. In a season i must have re negotiated a contract twice for the same man as i didnt want to lose him and add a few hundreds to his contract..

sometimes it does become annoying and i dont use the holiday feature..

Thats a totally separate issue, I never said that wasnt an issue. Why do people always cloud the subject by posting something similar but not quite the same?

Player2 lost his coaches because the game wouldnt let him re-negotiate a contract with said coach because he had only just renegotiated a contract with him - I dont know in this instance, I dont know enough about employment law to say one way or the other - personally I would say its an issue, but the devils advocate in me says that if he was that important to you then you should have offered him a bigger contract in the first place and he wouldnt have left.

Um I think the bug is that Player1 lost his coach even though in real life he would never have left West Ham.

Him going on holiday has got nothing to do with it unless you have proof that going on holiday means open season for your staff and players?

In game I've never seen a coach not leave when an offer comes in from another club.

That's the issue here, not some argument on whether going on holiday is realistic or not.

it is foolish to say that (insert person here) would never leave their current club. it has happened before and will happen again.

some players are more loyal than others and i would assume that once they get into their 60's and are settled in a club that they are more likely to look for job security and stay where they are (especially with a long contract) so i would say that this is in theory a bit of a shock move, but as you are still classed as a new manager he probably hasn't built up a rapport with you. also he has been given a new role (i believe coach ranks as a promotion from youth coach) has he also had a pay rise? people often follow the £££'s

the thing we should all bear in mind is that if FM was entirely predictable it would be really boring. play the same season 1000 times and you will have 1000 variations, from players signed, to managerial sackings, to league positions. there has to be a bit of randomness every now and then to keep up the general enjoyment of the game.

if you feel strongly that this simply should not happen, no matter how rare it may be to the rest of the FM population then post your issue in the bug threads, and consider looking for the west ham researcher in the data issues forums and discuss if this is something that could be tweaked for the new patch.

Archived