UEFA Coefficients/Seedings

Ok, just something I am curious about and hope someone can explain this in laymans terms for me (as I'm struggling to understand this one).

In the 2018/19 Season (playing as Norwich), have won the UEFA CL twice in a row (2016 & 2017) and lost in the most recent final. Have won the EPL for the last 3 seasons running plus other cups etc etc.

Ok, now last season I was one of the first seeds in the UCL, just had the draw for the new seasons CL and I am only a second seed. Now have been on various sites to understand how the seedings and coefficients are calculated, but I'm really failing to understand how this season I'm only a second seed, when other teams (who didn't even win their league) are seeded above me.

Now its not really any major shakes or issue I guess, just something thats puzzling me. Any help in breaking it down would be most welcome :)

Hmmm...ok thanks guys...

Can see from screen, that first couple of years were bad, but then the last 3 (so 16/17 & 18) I had the highest amount....and if you sort by coef. 19/20 I'm actually 5th ranked team....

So still slightly puzzled as to how last season i was a 1st seed yet this I'm a 2nd seed heh....though I appreciate from the way it works, season 14 & 15 drag me right me down, but then surely that would also have been the case last season too?

EuropeClubs_Coefficients.png

I can only guess but I would say that last year some of the teams above you didn't qualify for the Champions League and thus you were seeded first as one of the clubs with the highest coefficients in the competition. You being 9th in the table, I would guess that all 8 teams above you qualified for the CL group stage this season and that's why you're only seeded 2nd.

Archived