Is it worth starting a new career Game?

Have been reading the forums alot since the last update and really want to know if it is worth starting a new career game?

I mean I want to start unemployed with sunday footballer rating, will a club take me on and will I be able to advance up the manager ladder?

I usually wait until now to start a serious career game, I like to move clubs sometimes and like to stay in some games as well but the concered is will my rep improve if I am successful?

No. For God's sake do yourself a favour and don't.

Or if you do, start by managing Barcelona for one season so your rep goes up - even then, it's a toss up whether your rep will reset when you resign. And you WILL have to resign as you have roughly a 1% chance of being offered a job whilst currently employed.

In summary, wait for 11.3 :)

I mean I want to start unemployed with sunday footballer rating, will a club take me on and will I be able to advance up the manager ladder?

I started with exactly that and this is how it has gone so far:

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    8th              Took over in October
2011/12    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    3rd              Lost in playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2012/13    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    1st              Promoted as champions
2013/14    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet Premier  1st              Promoted as champions, FA Trophy winners
2014/15    Havant & W           England    npower League 2          4th              Lost in playoff final
2015/16    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          8th              Took over in December
2016/17    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          11th              
2017/18    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          2nd              Promoted
2018/19    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 1          7th
2019/20    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            17th             
2020/21    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            11th  
2021/22    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            3rd              Promoted via playoffs
2022/23    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga BBVA                n/a              Left the club in March
2022/23    Valencia CF          Spain      Liga BBVA                9th              Joined the club in March
2023/24    Valencia CF          Spain      Liga BBVA                2nd              

I've not had as many job offers as I would have liked but it has not stopped me making my way to the top (nearly).

I started with exactly that and this is how it has gone so far:

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    8th              Took over in October
2011/12    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    3rd              Lost in playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2012/13    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    1st              Promoted as champions
2013/14    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet Premier  1st              Promoted as champions, FA Trophy winners
2014/15    Havant & W           England    npower League 2          4th              Lost in playoff final
2015/16    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          8th              Took over in December
2016/17    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          11th              
2017/18    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          2nd              Promoted
2018/19    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 1          7th
2019/20    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            17th             
2020/21    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            11th  
2021/22    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            3rd              Promoted via playoffs
2022/23    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga BBVA                n/a              Left the club in March
2022/23    Valencia CF          Spain      Liga BBVA                9th              Joined the club in March
2023/24    Valencia CF          Spain      Liga BBVA                2nd              

I've not had as many job offers as I would have liked but it has not stopped me making my way to the top (nearly).

Awesome career mate :D

Quick question - did you start that save in 11.2.1?

Awesome career mate :D

Quick question - did you start that save in 11.2.1?

I know I play quickly but that would be going some :D

It was started on release day, with 11.1. 11.2.1 was installed while I was in Spain with Sabadell (I think). The only job offer while at a club actually happened with 11.2.1.

I know I play quickly but that would be going some :D

It was started on release day, with 11.1. 11.2.1 was installed while I was in Spain with Sabadell (I think). The only job offer while at a club actually happened with 11.2.1.

I'm wondering if the career rep issue is one with saves started in 11.2.1, that's why I asked. It's a possibility.

Saying that, having a career start in England instead of South Africa etc. might help the rep issue too.

Archived