Furious at my previously loved FM2011

I'm managing a small south american club. We've gone from a $500k balance to a $30 million balance. A couple of seasons ago I managed to sign a Brazilian defender that looked like he had a lot of potential...and he sure did. He has broken a lot of the club's records and he is only 21. I've been getting tons of offers for him (for about $5 million) and have managed to keep him happy at the club. I set the transfer status to "reject all offers", which seemed to be working well. I find that one of the most rewarding aspects of FM is discovering a player and making him reach his potential, turning into a star at your club.

Then, I went on holiday for 3 days, and when I return, I find that the club accepted a loan offer for my star player that will allow the other club to purchase him for $1.5 million. And it wasn't one of those "the chairman felt the offer was too good" messages. Either I don't understand what the "reject all offers" means, or it simply doesn't work. As you can imagine, I'm furious at the game right now.

I always thought when you go on holiday you have to set new instructions to your ass man, if you don't do this you are leaving yourself open for these situations..... if you did set it when you went on holiday then it could be a bug....

Also why go on holiday ingame for 3 days?? surely not worth it or am i missing something....

Try to offer him a new contract.... if you can't while he is on loan then when they activate the loan clause to buy him try to offer a new contract then and hope he accepts yours (just a guess no idea if it works or not)

Then again my knowledge of this game is not the greatest so i could be wrong in my answer.....

I went on holiday because I'm running quite a few leagues so it takes some time to process the other leagues. I did not know that while you were on holiday your ass man could override your instructions; does not sound very realistic, but I agree that I have only myself to blame for not knowing that then.

As Thrower and MrPompey have said you should have checked that before you went on holiday you have the 'reject all offers' option ticked. If you did have this ticked then this might be a bug worth mentioning in the bugs forum.

One possible way around this problem to prevent the club from buying him is to add another mananger and take over the club that the player has been loaned to so they dont buy him. After the loan has finished you can just resign from the second club.

Thanks for all the help. Guess I learned my lesson, but certainly the "reject all offers" in the transfer status is not clear enough. Reject all offers should actually reject all offers, while on holiday or not. I'm sure that when a manager takes a few days off mid-week he doesn't have to go and tell his assistant not to loan out their star player. But thanks again, hopefully the other club won't go ahead and purchase him when the loan ends :)

Pretty sure the reject all offers tab is ticked by default so it must be a bug unless the OP had changed it.

If you don't wish to go back to before the holiday you can try recalling the loan or offering a new contract if the team bids.

Why did you go on holiday for 3 days?

Most people don't manage the game. They just play like a director of football.

To the OP, rejecting all offers does not include loans. When on holiday most loans get accepted, so put unavailable for loans on the bottom right and as well as reject all offers (thats transfer ones). So you get covered on both fronts.

)

Archived