How much do trial players cost?

I am currently managing hartlepool united in the english league one. I'm giving quite a lot of 4 week trials to have a look at various free agents. I was wondering how much these trials will be costing me?

What part of the finances will the costs be listed under?

Thanks in advance people for any help

thanks for the reply mrpompey.

so is there no cost at all and no limit to how many you can take on trial?

I cant scout players outside europe so I take them on trial instead, but I thought it would have cost something

I have noticed though that once they leave the club there is no record of their non competitive stats recorded to look back on so you have to remember to check before he leaves the club which is a shame.

just started a game with my beloved Hartlepool United ... who've you signed so far then jester ?

got guidetti, mcdermott and cunningham from man city and im waiting for hodcroft to come back with my parent club (after a bit of begging with the tight walleted chairman)

Quite an interesting point there Nobby.

Would be quite interesting to know which part of the finances, any such expenses are allocated to.

Reason being is that I believe I've seen occasions where what's classed as transfer expenditure seems to be higher than it perhaps should be, once I've calculated "actual" transfer activity, playing with a small club where I do keep a close eye on my finances.

Incidentally, with my lower league club, I've given trials to around thirty or so players a season so far. I always like to get the opinion of my coaching staff.

Archived