Improve what we have or add new features?

Would you like SI to add new features or improve existing ones?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like SI to add new features or improve existing ones?

• Stick as we are, improve existing features e.g. team talks, press, interaction.
    • Add new features and ignore existing features

I wouldn't complain at all if FM12 was identical to FM11 in terms of features. I just want to see the game completely playable before March 2012. As it stands, I'm pretty sure it won't be, and I'll be picking it up out of the bargain bin in March.

I'd love to support SI but I'm not a complete idiot :D I love the ME as it stands, but it saddens me I can't do a proper career save right now which is what I usually buy FM to do.

No point in adding new levels to an already shaky building... ;)

Fix the interaction, AI transfers, managers rotation, a more direct "tactical idea --> Match Engine" response...

The only new feature I'd like to see is the chance to activate/deactivate leagues and nations during the game... It can't be THAT difficult, can't it?

What 'new' features did we get this time around?

Everything that is 'new' in this game is merely an extension of an already existing part of the game - eg agents - they are an extension of the already existing transfer system, rather than a new part of the game.

Therefore I agree, SI should not introduce any entirely new features, but should continue to build on the existing ones.

I can't think of anything new they could add to it. They need to just improve on the things they have already, and perhaps a completely different approach to training would be good, which I'm sure they said was happening for FM11...

But I think your poll needs more options, because they never ignore current featues just to add new ones.

Better attribute masking! Or at least possibility to choose it on a larger scale. IRL you wouldn't know every players all 36 visible attributes just by scouting him once max twice as it's very hard for managers to know their own players good enough. Maybe excluding high reputation and world class stars. For example consistency can be found out only by playing players! It's just too easy to build a great team in the current version of FM IMO...

Scouting and using star ratings doesn't really matter either as it's mostly the attributes that matter how good a player really is. You should really scout a player for lots of matches and training periods(at least 10 I think) to get his all attributes visible. I think star rating and attributes could be made better by kinda merging them.

First a scout should give you very overall picture of a player maybe with some star rating(not exact of course) and a few key attributes for his playing positions which might not be totally accurate of course! To get a full picture of player's ability they should be kept scouted for a longer period or just bought(which wouldn't actually brought out his full attributes but only after a few weeks training) so there would be much more hits of misses which actually happens in the transfers markets a lot IRL. At the moment it's very easy to find very good players who instantly fits in very well

Fixed transfers - I'm tired of having to pay 30 million for Criscito,Azpillicueta or Gilardino.

Fixed ME - Pace is still overrated,target mans and powerful strikers aren't effective as they should be.

And please lower the difficulty,it's ridiculously high after 11.2.1. 11.0 was fine.

The poll's based on a false premise: that improving the existing features of the game or adding new features are mutually exclusive. They're not. Both will be done.

Nah, it's more like adding new features and degrading existing features.

I would prefer improvements to current features and bugs made available in patches for the current game. Which SI do anyway though patching. I would like to see new features added for FM12 which I think they will do as the community always offers ideas for the next release.

Cant vote on this poll as you need a third option "Improve current features and add new ones"

I would love them to just nail the existing features but it won't happen. A game like FM has a business model, and they need flashy new features to sell the game to as many people as possible. Imagine:

ALL NEW FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 - ON SALE NOW!!!

New skin!

A tweaked match engine!

Less annoying press conferences!

Player interraction less repetitive and predictable!

An updated database!

Er...

Umm...

That's all!

Please buy our stuff... pretty please?

I do enjoy the current game, and I think the mentals out there blowing their tops at the bugs are somewhat overreacting - possibly the courage of internet anonymity that does something to otherwise rational people - but I'm not imune to the game's faults.

Just chill, upload to the bugs forum where possible, and enjoy what's good about it.

I would love them to just nail the existing features but it won't happen. A game like FM has a business model, and they need flashy new features to sell the game to as many people as possible. Imagine:

ALL NEW FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 - ON SALE NOW!!!

New skin!

A tweaked match engine!

Less annoying press conferences!

Player interraction less repetitive and predictable!

An updated database!

Er...

Umm...

That's all!

Please buy our stuff... pretty please?

And wasn't that pretty much what CM/FM has always been about since like CM4? ;)

The one and only revolutionary feature (for the franchise) was the 3D match engine... The rest was a matter of polishing the existing game... In the end it's a football management game, there are just so many things you can throw into a game... It's not as SI can just come up with non-existing or non-realistic features.

It's up to them selling the improvements and the tweaks as well as they can.

TBH if that was the actual FM2012 promotional ad, and if it delivered at least 75% of what it promises, I'd pre-order tomorrow :D

Just chill, upload to the bugs forum where possible, and enjoy what's good about it.

I've spent hours in simulating saves to upload, along with detailed reports about the "Old players bias"... still it hasn't been solved or even patched-up... Also, it took two years to get a trivial issue like Norwegian Cup Draw to be finally fixed.

This board has been providing plenty of feedback, and if you just can disregard the pointless "I won't buy FM anymore!" rants, most complains are usually well-argumented and backed up with adequate proofs.

Nobody's expecting SI to fix it all with a Superpatch, but quite frankly having still to deal with years-old bugs can get frustrating. That's why many would rather have a fully-fixed "FM2011-12" (aka FM 11.4 data update) than a brand new 12.0 with plenty of old half-fixed problems and just as many brand new ones.

I have one thing to say. If things continue as it is with this philosophy of making half finish games with new half finish features and then release patches as an excuse, instead of making the game as intended I'm done buying the game or any other games for that matter. Either they make game 99,9999999% working with features working as intended.

I'm willing to continue to provide my input, but I refuse to provide any more cash in unfinished products with excuses.

That is my New Year's resolution!

Archived