FMHi - Too Hard to Transfer

Compared with FMHi 2010 it seems way too difficult to transfer players.

Currently playing as Chelsea season two and trying to offload Kalou, Bosingwa and Zhirkov. Not a nibble even offering them at crazy prices..?

Also started a game as Benfica and put half the team up for sale to raise some funds - again no interest in a single player.

Will this be addressed in the next update..?

I find that transfer listing and offering a player out to other clubs (at a reasonable price) rather than just doing one or the other always helps in getting rid of a player you don't want.

Also, if the media link one of the players you are attempting to offload to another club, confirming that rumour will usually lead to a bid being made from the interested club.

What sort of prices are you attempting to offload the players at in relation to their transfer values? I tend to find that offering a player out at about 60-70% of a player's transfer value will usually catch the interest of other clubs. I might offer a player out at a bit less if recently they have only been playing a very marginal role in the team or haven't been playing at all well. Contrastly I'll be expecting a bit more if I'm getting rid of an in form star player.

I find that transfer listing and offering a player out to other clubs (at a reasonable price) rather than just doing one or the other always helps in getting rid of a player you don't want.

Also, if the media link one of the players you are attempting to offload to another club, confirming that rumour will usually lead to a bid being made from the interested club.

What sort of prices are you attempting to offload the players at in relation to their transfer values? I tend to find that offering a player out at about 60-70% of a player's transfer value will usually catch the interest of other clubs. I might offer a player out at a bit less if recently they have only been playing a very marginal role in the team or haven't been playing at all well. Contrastly I'll be expecting a bit more if I'm getting rid of an in form star player.

This all worked fine for FMHi 2010 - where offering at £100k would induce bids for almost any player.

Does not work for FMHi 2011.

• SI Staff

Could you clarify the point at which you're offering players out please (and game date if possible) - there are specific times of the year when its easier to buy and sell players, most notably during the summer when teams look to reinforce their squads (and to a lesser extent in January).

Outside of these points clubs will be a bit more reluctant generally to purchase players.

(that being said I will be checking out the players you mentioned with regards to selling them this morning)

• SI Staff

Just to give some feedback on what I found here:

John Terry - 3 offers from just listing him; some pretty impressive clubs coming in - Inter for instance.

Kalou - 0 offers from listing him, 3 targets if you offer him out at 2.1m

Bosingwa - didn't list - 3 targets if you offer him around 2m

Zhirkov - didn't list, offer at 4.5m not listed - 0 offers, 2.1m got me 2 offers for him

These offers were undertaken right at the start of the game after taking over Chelsea, I'll continue playing around with this and tune it if I think its needed - but its definitely possible to shift players if you want to imho (if you just list them however you may have to wait a while for offers to come in, offering someone to clubs encourages bids here and now - at the cost of them being likely slightly lower).

One of the issues with selling Chelsea's squad off is simply that they have HIGH wages - if they're unhappy clubs will expect them to take a cut and that will help a little with selling them, but if they're happy then clubs will expect to have to pay over the odds on wages to entice them out - which restricts the clubs who can feasibly bid somewhat.

• SI Staff
Please try again during summer at end of first season - as I managed to offload several players at start of game but have been unable to at the end of season despite repeatedly trying throughout June/july/August of 2011.

Ok will run through until then and see if theres any difference - do bear in mind if these players have been sitting rotting without playing for an entire season then you'll have to let them go CHEAP ....

(I'll post back here once I've investigated further, it might take me a short while to undertake this obviously)

• SI Staff
And just to confirm that these players have each played 20-30 games during the first season have valuations in the region of £20m each and have been transfer listed and offered to clubs for £100k each.

Thanks for your help.

I'm on the case and will post later - I'm errr cleaning out my office so I can put a cat cage in it at the moment which will delay matters slightly (sorry but we found some stray kittens in our garage and they need a home).

I managed to sim to the end of the first season earlier incidentlaly only to find I'd been sacked while on holiday - go on laugh, you know you want to :D

• SI Staff

Right end of the first season - 10th Jun 2011 being the date when I try to get shot of the players:

Kalou - played 6 matches during the season - 7.0 average rating; happy at the club. contract Jun 12 expiry; value 5.75m

West Brom, Sunderland and West Ham are interested when offered about for 2.5m.

Bosingwa - played 21 matches during the season - 6.92 average rating; happy at the club. contract Jun 12 expiry; value 6m

West Brom were interested in him when I offered him out for 3.2m

Zhirkov - player 17 matches during the season - 7.41 average rating; happy at the club; value 6.5m

Roma offer 3.2m for him after I offer him out for that.

I'll keep messing around with things, but its looking reasonable for me at present; if I was more patient and just listed them I'm almost certain I'd get offers above the levels I've been seeing (or I could negotiate them upwards; I've done this slightly with a couple to verify this is still possible).

You mentioned in your post that they were highly valued (20m) for you - can you indicate what trophies you'd won etc. ... as it might be a knock on from that possibly?

• SI Staff

Ok getting that sort of result will be a bit harder and so might take me until tomorrow to simulate as I'll have to mess around a bit to do so, I expect the reputations of both your club and those players are through the roof from the sounds of things; that'll mean that (1) they won't really be interested in leaving Chelsea, (2) their inflated sense of worth means that they'll price themselves out of moving to all but the bigger clubs.

You can 'test' this by messing them around - transfer list them all, demote them to the reserves don't play for them a while and then once they're nice and annoyed try offering them out now they're more likely to want to go elsewhere ..

(but as I've indicated I will test this out myself later)

Right end of the first season - 10th Jun 2011 being the date when I try to get shot of the players:

Kalou - played 6 matches during the season - 7.0 average rating; happy at the club. contract Jun 12 expiry; value 5.75m

West Brom, Sunderland and West Ham are interested when offered about for 2.5m.

Bosingwa - played 21 matches during the season - 6.92 average rating; happy at the club. contract Jun 12 expiry; value 6m

West Brom were interested in him when I offered him out for 3.2m

Zhirkov - player 17 matches during the season - 7.41 average rating; happy at the club; value 6.5m

Roma offer 3.2m for him after I offer him out for that.

I'll keep messing around with things, but its looking reasonable for me at present; if I was more patient and just listed them I'm almost certain I'd get offers above the levels I've been seeing (or I could negotiate them upwards; I've done this slightly with a couple to verify this is still possible).

You mentioned in your post that they were highly valued (20m) for you - can you indicate what trophies you'd won etc. ... as it might be a knock on from that possibly?

With respect, these values don't seem that realistic. I reckon Kalou would go for a lot more.

• SI Staff
With respect, these values don't seem that realistic. I reckon Kalou would go for a lot more.

I agree totally in that you 'could' get more for him - all I was attempting to demonstrate was that "Offering to clubs" could bring instant results if you wanted to get shot of someone fast (which was the chaps initial concern) - I didspecifically mention that I'd under-priced them and could have easily got more for them if I'd shown patience and just transfer listed them rather than offering them around at very low values (you can always offer them at artificially low values and then negotiate from there; but you risk upsetting managers you try this with obviously).

Ok getting that sort of result will be a bit harder and so might take me until tomorrow to simulate as I'll have to mess around a bit to do so, I expect the reputations of both your club and those players are through the roof from the sounds of things; that'll mean that (1) they won't really be interested in leaving Chelsea, (2) their inflated sense of worth means that they'll price themselves out of moving to all but the bigger clubs.

You can 'test' this by messing them around - transfer list them all, demote them to the reserves don't play for them a while and then once they're nice and annoyed try offering them out now they're more likely to want to go elsewhere ..

(but as I've indicated I will test this out myself later)

I can understand that they might not want to leave - but surely if offered to clubs at £100k there should be SOME interest (even if I have to continue to pay some of their wages)..?

In the meantime I might start a new game with absolutely no replaying of matches (although to be fair it is only Man Utd and Liverpool I refuse to lose to) and see what happens end of season one..!

• SI Staff
I can understand that they might not want to leave - but surely if offered to clubs at £100k there should be SOME interest (even if I have to continue to pay some of their wages)..?

I agree - the bigger clubs should still be sniffing around for sure and I'll try and recreate the situation and take a look.

In the meantime I might start a new game with absolutely no replaying of matches (although to be fair it is only Man Utd and Liverpool I refuse to lose to) and see what happens end of season one..!

LOL - personally I find if I ever replay a match I always feel so guilty about cheaitng that I end up quitting and starting again ...

Been playing around with this a bit more - and it is possible to sell these players at about the values you mention above (ie £2m - £6m-ish).

I think that the issue may be the incredible hike in transfer value that has been given to fringe players following a suceesful first season (eg Kalou 48 matches mostly as substitute increases from £5m to £29m).

Perhaps it is this rather than the ability to sell players that might need looking at..?

Happy New Year btw..!

Archived