Yellow/Red Cards

Sorry if this has been raised. I did scan through the forum and I also did a search (which is horrible on the new software).

Is anyone else finding that their getting lots of yellow and red cards? I'm managing Man Utd, usually one of the least booked teams in the Premier League. Last season we finished with the most bookings and this season are not far off the top. I'm averaging about three yellow cards a game. Vidic in particular is getting sent off three times a season. I agree that Vidic is a physical, quite aggressive player. But he doesn't get sent off all that much. I'm also noticing very regular straight red cards for two-footed lunges. There have been quite a few in real life this season, I would agree. But I'm being involved in matches where this happens literally once every three or four games. Mostly this one goes in my favour, but still...

My tackling is set to default rather than soft, but I don't think I should need to go to soft tackling in order to avoid this plethora of yellow cards. Manchester Utd have always had players who get stuck in but it's rare to get this frequency of bookings and I'm not sure how else I can stop it.

it isnt actually horrible software, its actually pretty simple. Click advanced search, then type in yellow cards for example. Change the search parameters to 'Title Only' and you will find alot of posts on this topic, i think it is the most commo raised topic in this version, top 2 at least.

EDIT: Just did it myself and it bought back over 30 threads relating to this topic

Try using the shout 'stay on feet' I think it's what that one is called.

That will reduce all your player tackling by one. So if it's hard it goes to normal, if it's normal it goes to easy.

A difficult one to explain really. When one of your players gets sent off, fine them and in the press conference when it asks what action you will take or what do you think, say you are not happy and you want him to curb his aggresion. Hopefully then he will try and make his challanges a bit more thoughtfully. Other than that you may have to go to easy tackling and close down your opponents a bit more, possibly add tight marking.

Archived