Is it normal that regens are created aged 20?

Koki

Just a quick question. How old are your regens when they are generated at the start of the season? I'm asking because I have a lot of 20-year-olds coming through and there are only very few 16-year-olds in my whole savegame. I think this might have to do with my custom database but I would like to know whether this is the case in your savegames, too?

I know that in previous versions there have been older players generated, mostly in inactive leagues though. Active leagues have always produced a steady flow of 16 year old players. With a custom database there is always the chance that something isn't aligned properly so you can get deviations from the normal game. Best place to ask about this would be the editors forum.

It's normal for the game to generate from time to time some very good players that are 18 or 19. In my game, it happens in the non active leagues.

In my save, I've had a russian goalkeeper (Russian First Division isn't an active league on my save) generated when he was 19 and he become the best GK in the world. Later I will post a screenshot. I wish I've had him since he was 16, but he was already developed at 19 when he was generated by the game so I can't complain. Now he's almost 32 and a legendary goalkeeper.

post one of their history screens if you can

Here you go. As you can see it is his first season, he, amongst others, was generated in my first squad and is pretty useless. He came with the yearly youth intake, so he wasn't generated to fill up my squad.

regenbd.png

I am experiencing the same "problem". I've built a costum league from scratch, assigned an U-18 squad to every team, but after testing through some seasons, these teams usually end up empty, and the main squads are quite huge with a lot of 19-20 year old newly-generated players. Whilist, I always recieved an intake from 14-17 when playing the original unedited version of the league. Quite strange.

Off to the bugs forum with you then :)

I remember I used to get 20 year old regens in an old CM game in leagues that were running in the background. But what I was actually seeing was 19 year old regens who turned 20 in the summer, and thus appeared to be 20 at the start. That regen also has a summer birthday and thus probably entered the game as a 19 year old.

Here you go. As you can see it is his first season, he, amongst others, was generated in my first squad and is pretty useless. He came with the yearly youth intake, so he wasn't generated to fill up my squad.

cheers mate, not ever seen it before, it may be the DB but might be worth asking in the editors forum too as they may know whats caused it?

• 3 weeks later...
Have you created a new youth system? By which I mean, have you replaced u18 sides with u20s or something like that?

Yes I did. I set up a league system for the youth squads because I hated the generic groups. Is there any hope I can have 16-year-olds? At least when I start a new game? What would I have to do?

• SI Staff

If you have edited the leagues and are experiencing problems with newgens appearing in the youth intake at older ages (18+) only, then it might be that some of the related rules in your DB are not set correctly. There should be a "youth newgen age" field for nations in the DB, which needs to be set to the age you want the newgens to appear for that nation. Might also be worthwhile checking the club youth team age limits if they seem dodgy.

If you have edited the leagues and are experiencing problems with newgens appearing in the youth intake at older ages (18+) only, then it might be that some of the related rules in your DB are not set correctly. There should be a "youth newgen age" field for nations in the DB, which needs to be set to the age you want the newgens to appear for that nation. Might also be worthwhile checking the club youth team age limits if they seem dodgy.

Thanks for your response Riz! Unfortunately I can't find that "youth newgen age" field anywhere in the editor, can you tell me where to find it?

In my database all clubs have a first team, Reserve team and U20-team. Some regens appear in the first team at youth intake date.

Thanks for your response Riz! Unfortunately I can't find that "youth newgen age" field anywhere in the editor, can you tell me where to find it?

In my database all clubs have a first team, Reserve team and U20-team. Some regens appear in the first team at youth intake date.

newgens.png

Archived