Semi professional to Professional

isnt it a case of simply giving all your players professional contracts - it always used to be that way.

is this true?

quite a few of my non league players are on well payed P/T contracts (£400-500pw) which seems a little strange. i noticed when i offered one of them a f/t contract for the same wage he accepted. should i be switchin all my players over to f/t contracts? im not sein any real reason not to.

is this true?

quite a few of my non league players are on well payed P/T contracts (£400-500pw) which seems a little strange. i noticed when i offered one of them a f/t contract for the same wage he accepted. should i be switchin all my players over to f/t contracts? im not sein any real reason not to.

No, it isn't. The club will turn pro when it is big enough, whether the players are on pro contracts or not. It may have been different some time ago though, perhaps the early FMs or late CMs.

I always try and get players on full time contracts, getting them training more often is always a good thing.

so i could potentially have all my players on f/t contracts yet the club would still officially be semi-pro? that doesnt seem right.

is there some kinda in game limit on how many players can be on f/t contracts while the club is still semi-pro?

Yes, you can have the entire squad and backroom staff on full time contracts at a semi pro club.

are real clubs run like this of is it just in FM? surely non league p/t clubs wouldnt be payin such high wages to players on p/t contracts.

I agree, this makes sense,but I don't actually know. Surely in real life a club doesn't just announce that it's "Professional". Surely it's moreso a case of having the reputation, ambition, and funds to gradually professionalise every staff member by getting them on full-time contracts. Perhaps there's more to it than that, like officially registering with the FA as a professional club, which actually might be correct because it's triggered this memory: Way back a few years, Aston Villa (not professional at the time) were accused of being a 'Professional' club for buying a player a pair of boots!

I know I'm rambling now, but having remembered this, I think it may in fact be more of a case of external registration, rather than how the club is run internally.

On a side note... Every time a club declares it's new status, it always reminds me of The Office when Michael declares BANKRUPTCY :D

Archived