option to announce your leaving at the end of the season

There is a section in our manager profile for 'short term plans'. Either I'm doing something wrong or this is completely redundant. I'd quite like to be able to make my contractual intentions completely clear, especially so I get a chance to say goodbye to my fans at the last home game.

as long as it hits player and staff morale then it would be good. if your popular then players morale could drop, and their happiness could read 'sad that manager is leaving', some may even decide to want to leave because you are. on the other side of it a player who is not keen on you because of whatever reason could have 'relieved manager is leaving the club'

I cant think of a manager doing this before, unless its litterally the last couple of the games. Please correct me if im wrong.

I think the problem is that in FM it seems harder to get a new job as a manager while under contract than it does in real life. In real life a manager will have another job lined up before he leaves a club, in FM you sometimes need to actually leave the club just get get a chance of getting a new job, especially in the lower leagues.

I'm guessing that if you sign a deal to join a new club at the end of your contract then you will get the chance to take part in this sort of media attention, but that situation hasn't happened too often to me, I've had to leave before finding a new club.

I think the problem is that in FM it seems harder to get a new job as a manager while under contract than it does in real life. In real life a manager will have another job lined up before he leaves a club, in FM you sometimes need to actually leave the club just get get a chance of getting a new job, especially in the lower leagues. .

That for me is a totally different situation. I have read many people sayiing that there are issues with moving clubs (doesnt affect me, I play till im sacked, or more likely get bored)

But in real life I cant think of a manager who 'announced' they were leaving at the end of the year who actually finished with that club (unless they were going to retire, but then changed their mind like ferguson)

I can think of a few people who 'implied' they were leaving, but didnt actually annouce it until the end of the year (Martin o'neil might have, but it was for personal reasons as apposed to footballing ones, so its slightly different)

That for me is a totally different situation. I have read many people sayiing that there are issues with moving clubs (doesnt affect me, I play till im sacked, or more likely get bored)

But in real life I cant think of a manager who 'announced' they were leaving at the end of the year who actually finished with that club (unless they were going to retire, but then changed their mind like ferguson)

I can think of a few people who 'implied' they were leaving, but didnt actually annouce it until the end of the year (Martin o'neil might have, but it was for personal reasons as apposed to footballing ones, so its slightly different)

How often is it that a manager runs down his contract with a club without the fans knowing that he will leave? It may not happen that often in real life but if our contract is getting close to expiring then we really should be getting a bit more media pressure to find out our intentions (unless I'm missing that).

How often is it that a manager runs down his contract with a club without the fans knowing that he will leave? It may not happen that often in real life but if our contract is getting close to expiring then we really should be getting a bit more media pressure to find out our intentions (unless I'm missing that).

In real life do people actually know how long the managers contract is for? Im sure they know that the manager has signed a contract for X years - but they dont get let in on the ins and outs of extra seasons for success or if a contract is actually on the table etc.

How long was it since a manager actually let his contract expire? The only one who nearly came close was wenger, but he signed a new one. Managers never let their contract expire, they get sacked, or leave for another job.

In real life do people actually know how long the managers contract is for? Im sure they know that the manager has signed a contract for X years - but they dont get let in on the ins and outs of extra seasons for success or if a contract is actually on the table etc.

How long was it since a manager actually let his contract expire? The only one who nearly came close was wenger, but he signed a new one. Managers never let their contract expire, they get sacked, or leave for another job.

Certainly at the top level I'd expect the fans to know exactly how long the manager is contracted for. Contract signings and extensions are usually well reported by the various media sources.

That was my point earlier, in the lower leagues the best looking route to a new job is to let your contract expire, which isn't really that realistic and is caused by of the lack of job offers. The obvious solution would be to make people feel they have better options that letting their contracts expire, which would be far better than telling the fans you are letting your contract expire to get a new job.

Yes, im not making myself very clear tonight.

What I mean is that:

1) When was the last time a managers contract actually 'expired' - ive never seen it, they either get sacked, get another job, or retire

2) Adding in a feature to cover up a 'bug' is no my idea of progress, this should be a separate issue from the lack of job offers

In that case then I completely agree with you, I was thinking of it as an addition to the current game rather than an improved one.

I think if they want to implement this sort of thing it should come with a HUGE increase in the 'interaction' that the game currently has. All the options that are currently missing from player/staff/media interraction.

why did you sell that player

Why are you such a greedy bugger, I cant pay you that much

This is why you are transfer listed

This is why you arent playing at the moment

this is why I am leaving

etc - that list could fill 2 A4 pages.

Definitely. The new additions to the media/player interaction have been good but they have opened our minds up to all the potential further additions that could be made, which is an awful lot.

Its called being a victim of your own success...

But, if you think about it SI have always added bit and pieces, then expanded on them. I remember a time when you were stuck with the stadium you started with. Then you could ask for an expansion, then you could ask but planning permission might not be granted, then parts of the stands were shut down for renovations, then entire new grounds could be built. And at the same time you could have under soil heating added and covered stadiums. etc etc

Looking forward to a fully interactive and in depth player and media interaction in FM14. :)

Definitely. The new additions to the media/player interaction have been good but they have opened our minds up to all the potential further additions that could be made, which is an awful lot.

yeah, like "I'm dropping you because you played crap in the last game after I told you I expected a performance!"

or "I'm dropping you because you played crap in the last game after I told you to 'pick up where you left off!'"

I would have just used them both on the players I subbed at half-time after I'd bollocked them for their poor performance (and we've got a big cup game next, that'd put a rocket up their arse!)

Archived