Just had 26 shots, 11 on target. My opponent had 4 on target, yet they won 2-0???????

Except Sunderland don't have world class players and this won't happen to them again. It happens to me about 5 times a season minimum, and every cup game against decent sides.

Yes Sheva - the game is against you. If you open up the game files you will notice the programmers specially programmed in a line that says 'Sheva must lose at least once every 5 games'

Sorry, no one can help you its hard coded in

Except Sunderland don't have world class players and this won't happen to them again. It happens to me about 5 times a season minimum, and every cup game against decent sides.

Should have know you would post in threads like this, can the Moderators ban your ip address so it cant even view let alone post in threads of this such topic ?

Yeah we just have players like Darren Bent, Danny Welbeck and Asamoah Gyan who are known for being gash at finishing.

And them stats are wrong, BBC got it correct. 32 shots, 16 on target.

Yeah we just have players like Darren Bent, Danny Welbeck and Asamoah Gyan who are known for being gash at finishing.

And them stats are wrong, BBC got it correct. 32 shots, 16 on target.

lolwut?

The guy has a record of a goal every other game - even better actually, 31 in 53.

Gyan is off to a flier for Sunderland too.

If you want to see a terrible striker, just visit an Everton game. Louis Saha is like a walking Idiots Guide to How To Be A Crap Striker manual.

lolwut?

The guy has a record of a goal every other game - even better actually, 31 in 53.

If you want to see a terrible striker, just visit an Everton game. Louis Saha is like a walking Idiots Guide to How To Be A Crap Striker manual.

I think you missed the guys sarcastic tone to that post.

Oh dear Tubey.

don't u even watch soccer in real life?

no, never, I watch football

nice thread btw REVELZ, should prove a point to them whiners

I mean the team I love does this stuff way to often, dominate and fail to win (even more so at the start of a season or when we are in a fight for a title)

no, never, I watch football

nice thread btw REVELZ, should prove a point to them whiners

I mean the team I love does this stuff way to often, dominate and fail to win (even more so at the start of a season or when we are in a fight for a title)

Lol another soreloser, can't score means game engine has a problem lmao. Go get some brain juice if you can't even play FM properly

lol nice work. I actually came into this thread with the sole intention of flaming you and referring to the Sunderland v Blackpool match. Well played sir. Pity the whingers probably won't get the point.

Probably should have attached an "It's a Tarp" disclaimer for all the morons with incredibly low reading comprehension levels.

Lol another soreloser, can't score means game engine has a problem lmao. Go get some brain juice if you can't even play FM properly

LOL - Flamer award of the week

Suggestion a) check his "skin" b) check the real world premier results c) get a big spoon for the humble pie you'll have to eat

<I'm still laughing>

lolwut?

Was being sarcastic as it has already been pointed out ;)

It was unbelievable being there and watching it, never seen a game like it before.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/244611-A-burning-question-please-help!?p=6261093#post6261093

Or the irony has risen so much I can't control myself right now

Like oh my god, you've lost 3 straight with Arsenal ? don't you know how to play FM11 well ? go get some of this 'brain juice' you speak of Sir :)

Soccer was the most common name for the game in Britain from the 1890s until the 1970s, and is incorrectly perceived to be an Americanism. Infact the term came about as an abbreviation for the word "association".

That's completely not true - the bolded bit anyway. Whilst it is true that the word "Soccer" is definitely British, it was never the most common name for the game in Britain. It has been football for centuries.

The reason it is "soccer" in the USA is because when the game arrived on their shores, they already had a game that had the word football attached to it. It got so confusing that they actually had a "US Soccer Football Association" to try and distinguish the two.

In England, there's never been any doubt what the popular term for the game is - and that's football. It was only the Etonians and such who used the word soccer; for the masses, it was always, always football.

Well, all this sarcastic guffawing doesn't hide the fact that the ME is quite awful. Not because I lose games that I dominate (the AI also does that as often as not, and I tend to do quite well in my saves in general), but because the visualisation of the game is just pathetic. I understand that scorelines have to be kept to realistic levels but the way the ME achieves this over the years looks and feels stupid.

First (was that 05 or 06?) we had the long goal kick headed back by the defending MCs to a free running forward who either scored or shot stupidly wide.

Then defenders got [OK, "stupid" I can't believe this word is autocensored] and passed the ball straight to the opposition forwards.

Then they got turbos fitted to their legs and beat a Speed 20 striker to the ball from 20 yds away, and in general exerted relentless pressure to the attacking side that is quite unbelievable particularly for lower league sides (I could actually live with that bit, much better than the no-challenge defenders of the last couple of years).

Then wingers couldn't get a cross past the first defender (09 or 10? My memory is crap).

Then we had the magical 4-2-4 at the end of the game that had Dag & Red pinging the ball around like Barca until they scored.

Then we had one 35 yard banana-swerving wondergoal per game, particularly in the top leagues. I always play LLM and in the occasions I got to play top teams, or got to the top division myself, I always felt that the difference between top and mediocre sides was not speed or fitness or organisation as IRL but the ability to hit incredible swerving long shots on demand. Even my normally useless players became Stuart Pearce/Ronald Koeman hybrids when they played a lower division side in a cup.

Then players shot at the goal from 50 yards out even when you had set Long Shots at "rarely".

So far this year we have: 3 to 5 woodwork strikes per game (always including the AI, indeed it's worse for the AI). Defenders who never challenge and just back away. Strikers who shoot straight at the keepers or hit the corner flag/row Z from 5 yards away. Zero DFKs on target, indeed last season (when I got promoted, mind you, not complaining about winning here), I had zero FKs on target (not scoring, on target) and the AI had one against me (straight at the keeper of course) ALL SEASON. But we both got to absolutely pummel the goalframes, week after week.

I don't know if anything can be done to salvage this. I think the ME hasn't been improved for years, and I can probably understand why. The game is so complex that an improvement in one area breaks 3 others. I guess it was always like this, but the match visualisation have really brought this into stark relief. I guess I can go back to all text commentary to at least not get annoyed every time a striker shoots straight at the keeper with the goal at his mercy, but then I might as well play the old CM (I don't care about updated databases, as I mentioned I always play LLM in countries different than mine so I don't know the players anyway).

This game just isn't fun any more.

Okay, let's try this again. Year after year, people complain about this same thing. And year after year people post one-off examples of when it happened in real life (like the OP).

But what those people moaning about their 300 shots on target and losing 1-0 to a team with one shot on target fail to realise is that year after year, the solution is the same: when you are having "one of those games" you simply tweak your tactics a little.

It really is that simple.

Not big changes in formation, either. Little things.

-Make one of your strikers an advanced forward instead of a poacher.

-Or make that striker with high accelleration and pace an attacking deep-lying forward instead of an advanced forward.

-Or maybe you need your striker with 18 finishing and 18 composure to be a bit greedier - why not make him a poacher?

-Do you really need a ball-winning midfielder? Can't he support the attack more? Then make him a box-to-box man, providing his has high stamina and work-rate.

And don't wait until the 67th minute when Wolves slip one past your Liverpool side at Anfield. You can tell when you're having "one of those games" about the 30th minute mark. Make some minor changes then.

Another thing you can do is use your shout-outs. If your team is pinging shots on target, but getting no joy, tell them to "retain possession" or "work ball into the box". It usually slows the tempo a little means more quality chances. Or if you've already done that, take them out, tell them to pass into space. If it's wet or very windy, pass to feet.

This has worked for me in every single edition of FM - not the FM11 features, obviously, but making small changes here and there have meant that when I have built a world-class team, I do not get beaten 1-0 when I have the most CCCs. Never. (I do lose to inferior teams occasionally, but never when I have 20 shots on goal to their 1).

Just because it looks like we're doing well on FM it doesn't mean you can just sit back and expect to start scoring. In real life, managers make these small changes every few minutes - you can see them yelling from the sideline for someone to drop deeper or push up or play narrower or mark that guy tighter. On FM I do it usually 3-4 times a game, but can be as many as 10-12 depending on how it's going.

So yes, these results may come out 5,6 or even 10 times a season. But they don't have to.

Archived