whats most important for keeping clean sheets?

I guess this implies to people that have strong teams and are challenging at the top..

what is most paramount for keeping clean sheets. i like my goal differance to be 2 goals for each game played and no more than 1 goal against for each game played..

If we are a top team gunning for titles etc it's obvious to do that we would be playing attacking football.? no one's going to win the league playing defensive right.?

or is it just down to having better players for the respective league you play in.?

concentration, marking, and tackling, in that order for the defenders, and goalkeeper being either good, or equivalent good at what the defenders lack in. So if you got midgets, get a good solid keeper who control the air etc. It's all balance, but as the game is right now, it's not even worth speculating in.

I'm from the school of 'score more than your opponents', I like to play attacking football and I am also a believer that attack is the best form of defence. The more time you spend camped outside the opponents box, then the less likely they are to score.

Aside from good players and other obvious things, having a narrow pitch should help too. If your against a weaker side, then keep possession well. If your playing a stronger side, try to foul them out of the game. Motivation is very important too. When your team isn't motivated, and aren't committed, you can usually still score goals, however midfielders and strikers won't track back, and the opposition will have more time on the ball, and thus be able to score more easily, so if you are playing a shut out game, you need to have players motivated. If your 2-0 and your players are looking complacent, your better off pushing for a third than trying to shut up shop, as even if you may be susceptible to a counter attack, the opposition could just as easily play through a complacent midfield and score anyway, so at least getting another goal would increase your chances of getting all three points (and help goal difference too).

When im winning a game and looking comfortable I usually pull out the 4 button tap

Contain ---> Retain Possesion ---> Play Even Safer ----> Take a Breather

I will sometimes do this around 60 minutes if im the superior team, just be careful with the use of {Take a Breather}

Preserves players for next game but can mean they stop working so hard in this one, so maybe not ideal for maintaning clean sheets

Archived