Anybody found a way to deal with the constant "Player X Must be Stopped"?

I am truly loving this version of the game (first time since FM07 that I have really gotten that "One more match" feeling) and of the 3 known issues that I have seen (contracts that can't have length set, constantly creating saved "Current" tactics and the Danger Man comments), this is the only one that I can't seem to work around and/or happily ignore.

With 11.2.1 at least it's not the SAME player turning into a 4-year old girl every week (and that is being harsh on 4-year old girls!), but it is still ridiculous. So, has anyone found a good way to deal with this? I have started immediately having Private Chats with the targeted player as soon as I see the message and this helps a little, but I am still unable to get the morale back up to the level it was before the Media comment.

The latest one (in my save) just takes the cake:

I had just tonked rival Watford 3-0 (I am QPR) and my star 17-year old went down injured (having scored twice before being hacked down). Team morale is fantastic (at last; we had a horrible start to the season after failing to score in August and getting knocked out by Notts County in the Carling Cup) and I am really counting on my 31-old "Key Player" striker to continue the run of good form while waiting for my young superstar to recover (I think the older striker was on Superb morale after the Watford game, but I am not 100% sure; it was definitely not in the Orange or Red though). Sure enough, the random wheel of "destroy opposition player" strikes and he is called out by the upcoming manager, reducing him immediately to "Very Poor" morale. It just drives me crazy when my veteran striker (personality "Resolute") is reduced to a sniveling pile of goo because the mean old manager of the other team noticed him; I used a Private Chat on him but was only able to get him up to Poor morale.

So in summary, has anyone found a good strategy for this?

1) It really depends on if he really needs to be dealt with in the first place. Is he really that good a player?

2) If he does need to man handled, then look at his atts and see what players you have will match him; for example, if he is strong then put a strong player up against him, if he is fast put a fast player up against him. The name of the game is to try and outmatch his own atts and player ability with one of your own masters to deal with him. Look for weaknesses in the opposition player and exploit that - if your up against C.Ronaldo stick a past paced, good tackler and marking player who also has good off the ball skills, anticipation, and strength to out hustle him. Strength is the weakness of C.Ronaldo so exploit that, but you also want to try and match the pace as you will get skinned otherwise.

I am truly loving this version of the game (first time since FM07 that I have really gotten that "One more match" feeling) and of the 3 known issues that I have seen (contracts that can't have length set, constantly creating saved "Current" tactics and the Danger Man comments), this is the only one that I can't seem to work around and/or happily ignore.

With 11.2.1 at least it's not the SAME player turning into a 4-year old girl every week (and that is being harsh on 4-year old girls!), but it is still ridiculous. So, has anyone found a good way to deal with this? I have started immediately having Private Chats with the targeted player as soon as I see the message and this helps a little, but I am still unable to get the morale back up to the level it was before the Media comment.

The latest one (in my save) just takes the cake:

I had just tonked rival Watford 3-0 (I am QPR) and my star 17-year old went down injured (having scored twice before being hacked down). Team morale is fantastic (at last; we had a horrible start to the season after failing to score in August and getting knocked out by Notts County in the Carling Cup) and I am really counting on my 31-old "Key Player" striker to continue the run of good form while waiting for my young superstar to recover (I think the older striker was on Superb morale after the Watford game, but I am not 100% sure; it was definitely not in the Orange or Red though). Sure enough, the random wheel of "destroy opposition player" strikes and he is called out by the upcoming manager, reducing him immediately to "Very Poor" morale. It just drives me crazy when my veteran striker (personality "Resolute") is reduced to a sniveling pile of goo because the mean old manager of the other team noticed him; I used a Private Chat on him but was only able to get him up to Poor morale.

So in summary, has anyone found a good strategy for this?

I ignore it... I play my team that I was going to play regardless and I rarely have an issue...

if you are worried about it at all, try subscribing to all media comments for your league and you'll see that it's every manager and every team who have the 'player x must be stopped' EVERY game! but also you'll see that the media will comment on each player saying whether they think the player will 'feel the pressure' 'put in a performance' maybe they 'ignore x manager's comments" - you can judge from this whether to leave the player out or not if you're that worried about it

I don't buy into the singling a player out argument so never do it myself, but every AI manager does it every game and it gets old really quickly...

What is the current tactic issue you mentioned?

Oh, this one appears to just be cosmetic. This is where your tactic will change from whatever name you have chosen to "Current". If you go to manage tactics you will see dozens of saved "Current" tactics. Not really a problem, just irritating (unless it affects match preparation somehow; not really sure about that).

I ignore it... I play my team that I was going to play regardless and I rarely have an issue...

if you are worried about it at all, try subscribing to all media comments for your league and you'll see that it's every manager and every team who have the 'player x must be stopped' EVERY game! but also you'll see that the media will comment on each player saying whether they think the player will 'feel the pressure' 'put in a performance' maybe they 'ignore x manager's comments" - you can judge from this whether to leave the player out or not if you're that worried about it

I don't buy into the singling a player out argument so never do it myself, but every AI manager does it every game and it gets old really quickly...

I think that this is the route I'm going to have to go; I suppose as long as the AI has to deal with the same issue it's not that big a deal. If I have two players that are very close in ability, I will play the one with higher morale, but in cases where there is a clear starter, I guess I will stick with them regardless of morale. I can't believe that the media Dangerman messages are really working as SI intended, but I am sure they will look at them for 11.3 and get them better.

Archived