Extinct PPMs

This observation is based on FM10 but I don't think it will be much different in FM11. In 2031, with a database of 26896 players, a third party editor shows that:

4 players have 'Cuts Inside' PPM

2 players 'Tries Tricks'

0 players 'Gets Crowd Going'

compared to another save at the start of the game (22814 players) with 380, 523 and 394 players with the above PPMs. Soon, these PPMs might even be extinct.

The other PPMs have an average of 100-200 players possessing each in 2031, compared to around 300-800 each in 2010.

Has this improved in FM11, or is there still an issue with tutoring/PPMs? Also, does it seem that the prevalence of high hidden attributes (17-20 determination, professionalism, etc.) among players decreases drastically after many years in the game?

SI have previously said that hidden mental attributes do decline slightly among newgens. This is because of legal issues; essentially real players in the database are given artificially high values. This obviously doesn't need to happen with newgens, so their personality attributes should be more realistic.

The PPM thing I'm not sure about. Certainly in my anecdotal evidence from FM11 I've seen Cuts Inside quite often among newgens, but Tries Tricks and Gets Crowd Going seem to be rare.

I have seen a post from SI in the bugs forum saying that players with a higher PA have an increased chance of a high Determination attribute and a good personality. This seems to be accurate from my experience; in my current River Plate game I get some very good newgens every year, and they mostly have good-to-excellent Determination and a pretty good personality.

Archived